UX & Design Creative Lead - iShares Digital
- Not Specified
- San Francisco, CA, USA San Francisco CA US
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Jun 18 2018-06-19
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
Do you want to help us shape the future of investing? ETF usage is accelerating, and iShares is #1 with global organic growth of 20% and a 55% increase in shareholders in the US alone. However, to date the Asset Management industry has had a very traditional business model. Perfect storm. There is unquestionable opportunity for ETFs and for disruption, and we are determined to lead the change.
The growing volume of clients holding iShares, and the increase in those engaging digitally, requires a new approach. We must evolve to a deeper customer experience, facilitating users through the purchase funnel, personalizing to their needs and fostering ongoing loyalty.
As we take a new approach for our clients, we are building out a digital product management function and we’re looking for a Creative lead to run UX and design globally for iShares.
As the Creative lead, you will help define the user experience, set guidelines and lead the UX and visual design implementation for iShares digital products, starting with redesigning the client experience on iShares.com.
For iShares digital products, your remit will cover US and key markets in EMEA, but you will also need to collaborate with the BlackRock.com teams to ensure a consistent user experience where iShares is represented on joint sites in LATAM, North America and APAC.
As you work closely with the regional product managers to execute on the product strategy and roadmap, you will need to skillfully solve for the complexity of users and stakeholders, and take people on the journey with you
In addition to your daily product responsibilities, you will be expected to keep abreast of the broader industry trends and best practice. You will be based in San Francisco, but work in a global team.
- Lead iShares UX & design globally – define, refine, document and evangelize the iShares brand and visual direction across type, color, layout, interface, interaction methods, animation & graphics to create a strong, usable and consistent digital platform.
- Collaborate with key team members, including visual designers, product managers and technology leads to manage designs and deliver concepts against a strategic product plan.
- Champion user-centered design principles, and rely on these principles to create experiences that meet user needs (while simultaneously addressing business goals).
- Work closely with team members and business partners to develop scenarios, personas, storyboards and user journeys.
- Transform ideas, business opportunities, research and creative vision into tangible experiences that provide clear, usable, useful and desirable outcomes for users
- Collaborate with the Digital Marketing visual systems team to ensure consistency across platforms.
- Facilitate user research and user testing – recommending methodologies, drafting research plans with key teams – and subsequently identifying user needs, actions, behaviors and emotions through research.
- Provide the necessary creative leadership to ensure our team is producing work at the highest quality.
- Recruit, manage and develop design talent as needed, and across regions.
- Manage agency relationships for overflow work or strategy projects, and ensure high quality.
- Be a passionate leader who uses their deep understanding of design, user experience, visualization and technology to guide teams and their efforts.
- Be flexible to travel and work in the Americas and Europe.
Essential skills / experience
- 7+ years UX and design experience in either product related or agency environments designing consumer facing applications, websites and mobile experiences.
- Expert in developing wireframes, site maps, user journeys.
- Expert in documenting work including annotations, prototypes, functional specifications.
- Skilled in prototyping with one or more tools such as Framer, Proto.io, Flinto, or Invision.
- Experience facilitating or assisting user research and user testing – and subsequently identifying user needs, and learning to iterate designs that deliver more value for the user and business.
- Strong understanding of web content strategy.
- Experience using lean/agile product development models.
- Ability to interface with development teams to ensure design delivery meets high quality standards.
- Strong presentation skills in explaining interactions, scenarios and story boards.
- Resilience, determination, positive attitude and outlook, strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
- Flexible, collaborative, team player.
- Experience in financial services, B2C / B2B, a plus.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.>