UX & Visual Design Lead - BlackRock FutureAdvisor
- Not Specified
- San Francisco, CA, USA San Francisco CA US
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Sep 18 2018-09-20
We are: A team of engineers and finance geeks revolutionizing the finance service industry. Backed by BlackRock, we are a B2B2C enterprise SAAS company making software that allows our customers to retire in style. We’re growing at a rapid rate and we are looking to
We are: A team of engineers and finance geeks revolutionizing the finance service industry. Backed by BlackRock, we are a B2B2C enterprise SAAS company making software that allows our customers to retire in style.
We’re growing at a rapid rate and we are looking to build new technology and processes to scale our business. We’re looking for team members who want to build impactful solutions to a really challenging problem: producing better financial outcomes for families.
We build products that help financial advisors and their clients build a holistic plan to save for retirement. We partner with some of the largest financial institutions in the nation who use our products with their customers. We also believe great design is a differentiator - especially in an industry plagued by subpar experiences.
As a Design Lead @ FutureAdvisor, you will design new experiences that help our customers on-board to our product and then monitor and manage their financial plans. You will use both your interaction and visual design skills to work with product management, development + other designers to create delightful experiences for customers + financial advisors. You will represent design in triads (design, development, product management) owning the design and delivery of key FutureAdvisor experiences . Designers @ FutureAdvisor are key members of the product design + development process from ideation to prototyping to execution. We are looking for designers who combine great design craft with the pragmatism and drive to bring those well-crafted experiences to our customers.
Over 60% of millennials and over 40% of boomers have saved nothing for retirement. If you have a passion for solving important challenges and believe in the power of design to solve big problems, join us at FutureAdvisor to invent the future of financial advice and to help families be ready for retirement. We welcome passionate designers new to the investment and financial world as well as those with prior financial experience. This is an opportunity to make a real difference in people’s lives at a company that will give you the support and freedom to do your best work.
For immediate consideration, please submit your portfolio along with your resume
- Collaborate with our multi-disciplinary team to understand retirement planning and management through the eyes of customers and financial advisors
- Apply customer + partner insights to the design of simple, elegant web application experiences
- Lead design of one or more major feature areas in the FutureAdvisor application
- Partner with cross-functional teams of developers, product managers, designers + partners to realize your designs
- Contribute and collaborate with designers, developers + partners to define, refine and evolve the design of FutureAdvisor products
- Be an active, supportive, thoughtful and fun contributor to creating a world-class design community @ FutureAdvisor and BlackRock
- At least 5-7 years’ experience designing consumer web application experiences, with a portfolio to show us your best work
- Exceptional design craft with a strength in UX or UI design and solid ability to work on both UX + UI design problems
- Experience leading design for a consumer application or a major feature of consumer application for at least one full release cycle
- Working knowledge of design tools: Sketch, InVision, Principle/Framer, etc.
- Experience communicating design decisions (visual + interaction) to business and technical partners
- Experience working with product managers, developers + other designers to bring web applications to market
- Experience working with (and creating) design languages and system
- Experience working on multi-channel applications = web and native mobile
- Fast, principled and thoughtful = you move fast to create high-quality work but push-back on schedules when key experience quality is at risk
- Passion for problem-solving = you love solving tough design problems on your own and find joy in solving problems with your team
*PLEASE NOTE WE REQUIRE A PORTFOLIO SUBMISSION ALONG
WITH YOUR RESUME FOR CONSIDERATION*
FutureAdvisor is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses. BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.