VP, U.S. Intermediary Marketing
- Not Specified
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Matthews Asia
- 12 Dec 17 2017-12-12
As VP of U.S. Intermediary Marketing, the person will work closely with the firm’s North American intermediary distribution team focusing on advisors, banks, broker/dealers and platforms. The person will be expected to develop a strategic marketing plan to support distribution objectives and overall business goals.
TITLE: VP, U.S. Intermediary Marketing
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
THE COMPANY: Matthews Asia
Founded by G. Paul Matthews in 1991, Matthews, believes in the long-term growth of Asia. We concentrate our efforts and investment expertise exclusively within the Asia Pacific region. An independent, privately owned firm, Matthews is the largest dedicated Asia-only investment specialist in the United States. Our investment offerings provide a broad range of strategies for building a global portfolio that includes exposure to Asia-Pacific. Matthews is the investment advisor to Matthews Asia Funds, an open-end U.S. mutual fund family; and the investment advisor and global distributor of Matthews Asia Funds, SICAV, a Luxembourg-based fund group. Through offices in San Francisco, London and Hong Kong, Matthews distributes products in the United States, Europe, Asia and Latin America.
Additional information on Matthews Asia can be found at www.matthewsasia.com
Reporting Relationships: This position will report to our Head of Global Marketing.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As VP of U.S. Intermediary Marketing, the person will work closely with the firm’s North American intermediary distribution team focusing on advisors, banks, broker/dealers and platforms. The person will be expected to develop a strategic marketing plan to support distribution objectives and overall business goals. The ideal candidate will be expected to lead the execution of the marketing plan, using a mix of traditional and digital marketing tactics to build brand awareness and promote our equity and fixed income Funds.
The candidate will be expected to take the lead in creating integrated marketing programs that include email marketing campaigns, advertising, videos and webcasts by collaborating with internal colleagues including the investment team, investment communications and digital marketing as well as with external partners and agencies. The marketing programs will form an integral part of our client engagement activities within the distribution and marketing teams.
The successful candidate must have a proven track record in delivery of successful marketing initiatives across the marketing mix. This should include a solid background implementing both brand, thematic and product campaigns. A good understanding marketing automation and digital marketing is a pre-requisite. In addition, they should have an in-depth understanding of the intermediary landscape and it’s participants in North America as well as a good grasp of equity and fixed income products.
This role calls for a candidate that is highly collaborative and can work across different functions within the firm. They will be expected to take a “hands-on” proactive approach that will require both strategic thinking and execution. As a high profile role within the marketing team, it offers the successful candidate the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the company’s U.S. marketing and distribution efforts.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with the North American intermediary distribution team to devise and execute marketing activities in their target markets.
- Serve as the primary marketing contact for the intermediary distribution team based in San Francisco.
- In conjunction with the Head of Global Marketing, develop targeted advertising campaigns that will require working with media buyers, advertising agencies and external writers.
- Lead the development of other marketing activities that are aligned to the marketing plan including investment communications, email marketing and event communications
- Provide input into the budget process and manage costs within budgeted guidelines.
- Conduct marketing research using internal and external information providers
- Represent the marketing team and enhance the firm’s reputation at events and through development of industry network.
- Track and report marketing program results in order to provide feedback for continual improvement of marketing activities.
- Execute other projects and special marketing assignments, as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Finance, Marketing or Communications. Advanced qualifications such as MBA or CFA preferred.
- At least seven years experience in a financial services marketing communications role with experience marketing Funds to intermediaries in North America.
- Strong investment knowledge and proven marketing communications experience with the ability to deliver to tight deadlines in a pressurized environment.
- Deep understanding of compliance rules and regulations in North America.
- Highly advanced/effective communications, both written and verbal, especially proficiency in using multiple communication channels and presenting to various audiences.
- Good understanding of traditional and digital marketing techniques including marketing automation
- Sense of urgency, attention to detail, highly organized and strong project management skill and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to focus on priorities while maintaining flexibility and openness.
- Ability to work autonomously and be self-directed and self-motivated.
- Must be able to work in a team based environment; both within Marketing as well as other parts of the organization.
- Strong problem solving skills, able to troubleshoot and address issues independently.
- Have a solid understanding of the financial markets, competitive landscapes for the intermediary distribution channel in North America.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and sales and marketing software such as Salesforce, Marketo, Pardot and Seismic.