Wealth Advisor Associate
- San Francisco, CA, USA San Francisco CA US
- Temporary, Full time
- Kayne Anderson Rudnick Investment Mgt
- 11 Jul 18 2018-07-11
Kayne Anderson Rudnick Investment Management in San Francisco is seeking an exceptional individual for a temporary assignment as a Wealth Advisor Associate. The successful candidate will work as part of a growth-focused advisory team to provide a professional and exceptional level of client service to affluent investors.
• Act as primary service related and administrative contact for high-net-worth investors and their professional advisors (CPA’S, business managers, attorney’s).
• Open new accounts and monitor progress.
• Provide daily client service, including but not limited to, investing deposits, calculating withdrawals, handling cashiering needs, facilitating tax trading, charitable gifting, required minimum distributions, special requests, account re-registrations, cost basis step up, custom report creation, address changes, and account terminations, and preparing tax analysis reports.
• Execute asset allocation changes based on Advisor recommendation and monitor progress.
• Schedule Advisor-Client meetings and prepare portfolio review book materials.
• Attend in house or off site meetings or events as requested by Advisor.
• Maintain and update client files, CRM and other portfolio data, as needed.
• Assist with creating financial plans for clients
Series 7 preferred
5 + years client service working with high net worth individuals at an investment management firm, private bank, or broker/dealer with history of increasing responsibilities.
Fundamental knowledge of equity and fixed income markets and alternative asset classes
Knowledge of nuances in setting up various account registrations, including documentation required and limitations behind such registrations.
Experience with and knowledge of paperwork and workflow associated with custodians such as Charles Schwab and/or Fidelity Investments.
Commitment to, and demonstrated history of, providing the best service levels to clients as well as to internal constituents.
• Leadership ability – able to provide guidance to junior team members.
• Comfortable interacting with senior level managers and outside parties.
• Teamwork – ability to collaborate in a professional and constructive manner.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal, organizational and quantitative skills.
• Strong attention to detail, math aptitude, and the ability to multi-task.
• Strong client service mind-frame
• Independent, self-starter, possessing initiative, drive, composure and enthusiasm.
• Proficiency in Excel and Word.