- Not Specified
- San Francisco, CA, USA San Francisco CA US
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Sep 18 2018-09-16
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Global Accounting & Product Services (GAAPS) manages the accounting and operating control environment for BlackRock's global commingled vehicles and separately managed accounts, and provides various other administrative support functions to BlackRock’s various product ranges. Responsibilities include:
- Oversight of internal and outsourced accounting, reporting and performance functions (mutual funds, ETFs, alternatives, insurance and separately managed accounts)
- Board Governance and administration
- Product lifecycle management – launches, mergers, liquidations
- Portfolio Compliance – monitoring for adherence to product and regulatory guidelines
- Credit facilities
Product Oversight and Governance (POG) is a unit within GAAPS. POG teams are organized regionally to support the unique jurisdictional requirements of our various commingled fund ranges. POG teams manage the fund-level “structural” needs of the various fund ranges, including support to BlackRock business groups that create our products, and the boards of directors that oversee our funds.
Members of Product Oversight and Governance typically serve as senior officers of our fund ranges, are responsible for overseeing the funds’ overall control environment and manage numerous business affairs in support of our funds. These individuals will connect across GAAPS and Business Operations to manage product and regulatory changes within our fund ranges. Product Oversight and Governance has matrix management responsibility for the fund ranges, including activities carried out by Fund Accounting Oversight and Global Financial Reporting functions.
Chief Financial Officer - iShares
- Serve as the Principal Financial Officer responsible for the US iShares fund range
- Audit Committees – own relationship with the various audit committee members, keep audit committee chair informed on all relevant matters and provide senior leadership at Board meetings.
- US iShares / BlackRock Trust Company(BTC) Board Reporting – deliver and support all Board related materials (e.g., Foreign Tax reclaim reporting, BTC reporting, NAV accuracy, GAAPS policies, etc.)
- Management Reporting – Monthly GAAPS management reports, internal management reporting
- Regulatory Inquiries – Respond to all regulatory requests in coordination with BlackRock Legal & Compliance
- Client Meetings – participation in BTC client due diligence and/or sales meetings
- Provider Governance Meetings – periodic meetings with service providers, coordinate with iShares COO office on continual ongoing initiatives
- Product Oversight – Oversee a team responsible for:
- Lifecycle Events, Restructures & On-Boarding – Launches, liquidations, restructures, corporate action events, stock splits
- Expense management – Responding to inquiries from business, support ongoing product launch and closures, and expense structure changes. Review of expense ratios in regulatory documents.
- Distributions management – manage monthly, quarterly & annual income and capital gains distributions
- Line of Credit Administration – Annual renewals, covenant monitoring, usage and repayments
- Tax & Accounting Policy Coordination – Partner with Accounting Policy and Tax teams to establish, monitor and implement policies for various product ranges
- Transfer Agency Related Oversight – ‘33 Act and iShares Inc. monitoring
- Securities Lending – Liaise with the BlackRock Securities Lending Team in support of US iShares’ activity
- “Health Checks” – perform annual detailed review of service providers’ control environment.
- Operating Events – in coordination with our stakeholders, elevate and address any operating events that impact our funds.
- Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) – perform annual self-assessment of risk and control environment.
- Policies and Procedures – ensure maintenance and application of relevant fund policies and procedures
- Disclosures Control and Procedures – partnering with financial reporting team, participate in the quarterly assessment of internal controls over financial reporting
- Business Continuity Planning – maintain and update existing business continuity plan. Participate in annual testing.
Experience and Key Competencies:
- 15+ years’ experience in fund CFO and Oversight function, or comparable experience
- Ability to build strong and collaborative relationships within the firm – both within the Product Oversight and Governance team, and with a network of internal colleagues across Blackrock.
- Strong technical knowledge and experience in mutual funds, ETFs, board governance, regulatory and investment industry matters.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with a proven ability to prioritize effectively.
- Proven track record devising and implementing business development strategy and the ability to utilize teams effectively in order to execute strategy.
- Strong leadership of a high-performing team.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.