IAS Global Technology DevOps Manager
- San Jose, CA, USA San Jose CA US
- Permanent, Full time
- PWC - US
- 24 May 18 2018-05-24
The Global Mobility Services (GMS) Technology Group is a leader in providing value added solutions to complex business problems. Our practice automates client's business processes through implementation of propriety expatriate software, and helps in process redesign and systems integration with enterprise HR/Payroll solutions such as PeopleSoft, SAP and HR Access. As a member of the GMS Technology team, you will play an important role in the development lifecycle of our various expatriate management solutions.
PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
The PwC network is a global market leader in tax services.
We assist businesses, individuals, and organizations with tax strategy, planning, and compliance, while also delivering a wide range of business advisory services.
With over 32,000 tax professionals, this means that the PwC network can support our clients both locally and globally.
We have experience working with an expansive and diverse client-base, which comprises all types of businesses-multinationals, local companies, privately-owned organizations, entrepreneurs, family businesses, trusts, partnerships, and private individuals.
You will be responsible for contributing to projects that span both the client implementation and product teams.
As technical team member you will work closely with both onshore and offshore development resources and be responsible for the following:
- Managing application deployments
- Coordinating with development resources onshore/offshore
- Technical documentation and review
- Implement secure development processes
- Participate in peer code and architecture reviews
GMS Technology team members act as the direct liaison with senior IT professionals within PwC and our clients.
Providing specialized assistance in troubleshoot and resolve client issues surrounding the technical / application aspects of our expatriate technology suites.
As a technical member of a client implementation or product team you responsible for designing and implementing system integration approaches using Microsoft and Oracle technologies.
During the implementation process you gather business requirements and create domain specific reports utilizing Microsoft or other 3rd party reporting solutions.
As part of the technology team you will work to evolve or create products to meet our client's business needs.
This requires leveraging a number of development methodologies against a comprehensive understanding of the global mobility
The IAS Global Technology team creates innovative, marketing leading solutions for our expatriate and Global Mobility practice.
We automate business processes and solve complex business problems with custom built web and mobile technologies.
Our solutions are used by many of the largest, most recognizable multinational companies in the world.
The development team analyses requirements, architects, designs and programs scalable, maintainable, reliable systems leveraging leading, proven testing techniques and automation tools to ensure high quality and efficient delivery of new features, enhancements and bug fixes.
5 years of programming experience
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 5 2+ years of experience creating IT / Infrastructure design and support
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree Computer Science, Engineering or Management Information Systems
Degree Preferred: Master's degree Computer Science, Engineering or Management Information Systems
Certification(s) Preferred: Microsoft certifications (i.e. MCSD), Professional (CISSP), Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), Certified Information Security
Demonstrates extensive knowledge of, and/or proven record of success in, IT architecture-related technologies and methodologies to build custom-designed, automated web and mobile technologies related to client facing business solutions, preferably for a global network of professional services firms, including in the following areas:
- Solution and Infrastructure Delivery Methodologies including traditional SDLC and Agile; and Object-Oriented Programming;
- Web hosting configurations, including firewalls, load balancers, web farms, database clustering, etc; globally distributed hosting experience is a plus; and,
- ASP.NET applications and SQL Server;
Demonstrates extensive ability and/or proven record of success in, building custom-designed, automated web and mobile client facing business solutions, preferably for a global network of professional services firms, including in the following areas:
- Working independently or as part of a team to design and build large scale software solutions or functionality that meet the requirements and acceptance criteria;
- Determining the best implementation approach considering factors such as build time, cost, performance, scalability, security, and maintainability;
- Anticipating potential problems and proactivity suggesting solutions; respectfully challenging solutions and bringing new ideas to the team;
- Driving change and continuous improvement through the adoption of leading infrastructure and solution development practices; utilizing problem-solving and decision making skills with a high attention to detail and quality;
- Working with stakeholders inside and outside of the development team;
- Building high quality teams; coaching others, sharing knowledge and experience; working as an individual contributor and as a team member in product and technology discussions and presentations; managing multiple projects; preparing concise memoranda; and maintaining flexibility for unanticipated issues or opportunities; and
- Taking ownership of tasks and completing them with minimal direct supervision;continually upgrade technical skills and knowledge base as the business technology environment evolves.