Business Analyst - IAS Channels
- San Mateo, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 16 Oct 17 2017-10-16
Business Analyst - IAS Channels
Franklin Templeton Investments is a leading global investment management organization due to the efforts of our greatest assets - our employees. We have over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world, servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. We believe in our corporate values of putting clients first, building relationships, achieving quality results, and working with integrity. Our people are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners.
For more than 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people. We're currently looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
This Business Analyst role is based in San Mateo and will be responsible for strategic and project support for International Advisory Services (IAS) Retail and Institutional Sales Channels. This role is part of a small team that share a multitude of responsibilities helping execute on strategic plans for both IAS and FRI organizations. The ideal candidate is engaged and versatile, and passionate about learning about, growing with, and succeeding in the financial services industry. S/he is well-organized and ready to work in a fast-paced environment supporting the International Sales Division for a global Fortune 500 organization. Exceptional communication skills are a must, along with the ability to manage projects to tight deadlines under pressure while keeping a keen eye on all the details.
- Research/Review IAS sales activity and business highlights for presentation to FRI leadership and Management Committee. Leverage this and other sources to gather and report quarterly highlights for use during quarterly leaders and analyst conference calls.
- Work with leadership team to prepare annual department expense budgets and complete ad hoc budget, forecasting and strategy documentation, as requested.
- Partner with Sales team to produce and enhance sales/marketing reports and documents for client and sales meetings
- Assists in planning and oversight of ongoing projects and various Retail and Institutional initiatives. Help to ensure that the scope and direction of each project is on schedule, as well as leverage other departments for support.
- Identify and champion opportunities within IAS' business interactions to increase service offerings, improve efficiencies, evolve workflows, etc. Help develop and implement solutions to critical business issues. Conduct industry market analysis and research for the identification of new business opportunities.
- Facilitate client meetings with PMs and other FT business leaders for key clients who visit our SMO Headquarters. Attend PM Meetings with clients, ensuring client objectives are met and client needs addressed. Debrief with international Relationship Managers, as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree - Business, Economics, Finance or Marketing preferred
- 5+ years business administration or analyst experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, to include knowledge of proper English usage, grammar, vocabulary and spelling
- Financial industry and product knowledge required; experience in the mutual fund industry desired
- Project coordination, organization, and execution experience
- Experience with and understanding of the Franklin Templeton business model (or similar investment management firm)
- Sales and/or marketing experience preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent attention to detail, problem solving, organizational and time management and follow-through skills
- Team-oriented and comfortable in a "virtual" team setting whereby team members and management are spread across the globe, mostly communicating via telephone, email etc.
Highlights of our benefits include:
* Three weeks paid time off the first year
* Medical, dental and vision insurance
* 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match, up to the IRS limits
* Employee Stock Investment Program
* Tuition Assistance Program
* Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
* Onsite fitness center and recreation center
* Onsite cafeteria
Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite you to visit us at www.franklintempletoncareers.com to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.