ETF Specialist-Western Territory
- San Mateo, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 19 Nov 17 2017-11-19
ETF Specialist-Western Territory
Franklin Templeton Investments is a leading global investment management organization due to the efforts of our greatest assets - our employees. We have over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world, servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. We believe in our corporate values of putting clients first, building relationships, achieving quality results, and working with integrity. Our people are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners.
For more than 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people. We're currently looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
Primary goal of this function is to generate and retain assets within Franklin Templeton's (FT) ETF product suite. The ETF specialist will accomplish this goal by partnering with U.S. based distribution channels to complement their existing efforts and directly engaging with retail and institutional buyers that primarily use ETFs.
This position requires an extensive background in the ETF space, with a high level of knowledge around capital markets, factor investing and asset allocation issues. Additional responsibilities will include ongoing interaction with FT senior management, and building and maintaining productive relationships with other FT sales and support organizations.
You will be primarily responsible for:
- Managing a territory to generate sales and revenue to meet objectives
- Managing and cultivating key relationships with professional buyers and developing ETF sales through those contacts
- Educate, train and interact with other distribution areas and partners within Franklin Templeton to enhance awareness of the ETF offerings
- Maintaining knowledge of industry related topics and maintain proficiencies in delivering value-added presentations to advisor and other audiences
- Maintaining updated activity logs in contact management system and work with Sales Management on various project initiatives
We look for:
- 5+ years of experience in a field consulting/sales role within the investment industry
- 5+ years ETF related experience within either a sales, product, or investment role
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA and/or CFA preferred
- FINRA Series 7 & 63 licenses
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-driven with ability to build manage key internal and external relationships
- Experience developing and implementing sales and marketing business plans
- Strong investment acumen and background
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Comfortable with extensive travel
Highlights of our benefits include:
* Three weeks paid time off the first year
* Medical, dental and vision insurance
* 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match, up to the IRS limits
* Employee Stock Investment Program
* Tuition Assistance Program
* Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
* Onsite fitness center and recreation center*
* Onsite cafeteria*
Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite you to visit us at www.franklintempletoncareers.com to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.
*Only applicable at certain locations