- San Mateo, CA, USA San Mateo CA US
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 20 May 18 2018-05-20
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
What are the responsibilities of the Technology Projects & Financial Services (TPFS) Technology Project Delivery team? Technology Project Delivery (TPD) supports Franklin Templeton enterprise (i.e. Sales, Marketing, Service and Operations, Investment Management, Back Office Operations, etc.) in delivering business capabilities and value to achieve the organization's strategic vision. TPD is an experienced group of project professionals that lead large, complex, cross-divisional initiatives. We are a strategic partner with an enterprise perspective, leveraging our center of excellence to improve project delivery across Franklin Templeton.
TPD is seeking an IT leader who will be responsible for leading experienced project managers. Acting as a strategic partner to senior business and technology leaders, this individual will actively support Technology's strategic goals and initiatives. A successful candidate will be comfortable with adapting to new conditions and constant changes, and will possess strong communication, influencing, decision making and organizational awareness skills. This role provides a unique opportunity to partner with business and technology senior leaders across the enterprise and to influence the way FT ultimately delivers value.
What are the Ongoing Responsibilities for a TPD IT Manager?
- Partnering with TPFS and other leaders to support FT's drive towards agility and innovation
- Partnering with Technology and Business Leaders to support their strategic objectives through project delivery, commitment packs and other activities
- Providing input into the strategy/roadmap for TPD, leveraging business domain knowledge and expertise
- Participating in the definition and management of internal and external business relationships, identifies and addresses business challenges, and defines and delivers solutions that add business value
- Managing and building core capabilities for a dynamic group of internal and external professionals; coaching and developing talent to meet and/or exceed performance expectations
- Motivating and engaging individuals and teams to enable the delivery of business value; drives team towards delivering quality with agility
- Leveraging knowledge of industry trends and business needs to drive innovation and execution; communicates concepts and values in business terms to create understanding amongst diverse business and technology stakeholders
- Leveraging analytical ability and decision making skills to recommend processes and/or solutions to solve business and technology challenges
- Leveraging and developing within their team: learning agility, creativity and organizational awareness to support the organizations achievement of their mission, values and goals
What ideal Qualifications, Skills & Experience would help someone to be successful?
- Proven record of developing and executing strategic plans
- Ability to manage and drive departmental and organizational change; exhibits learning agility, creativity and an innovative mindset
- Strong focus on understanding business needs to deliver prompt, efficient and high quality service
- Strong coaching and mentoring capabilities
- Strong consulting skills: active listening, ability to extract and quickly process key information, summarize key needs or interests of internal customers and provide targeted and appropriate insights and recommendations
- Strong project and program management skills; especially leveraging agile delivery techniques - Disciplined Agile Delivery Certification a plus
- Ability to influence enterprise's strategic direction leveraging industry trends and analysis
- Extensive vendor management experience
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards-the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results. For a listing of total rewards in your region, visit our Locations page for more details.