Marketing Manager, US Advisor Marketing
- San Mateo, CA, USA San Mateo CA US
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 23 Apr 18 2018-04-23
Marketing Manager, US Advisor Marketing
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
As a Marketing Manager, this position is responsible for helping to drive the strategy and execution of U.S. Advisor Marketing efforts in line with Franklin Templeton's goals and initiatives. Primary responsibilities include writing and developing compelling campaign content, marketing materials and promotions targeting financial advisors and individual investors. This individual will be involved with idea generation, content creation, strategy and development of broad, thematic campaigns as well as shorter-term opportunistic promotions. The position will partner with key groups within the organization to accomplish initiatives including Sales, Product Strategy, Product Marketing, Creative Services and Legal.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of a Marketing Manager?
Marketing Strategy and Content Development
- Actively seeks to drive business results by identifying opportunities to enhance/strengthen our marketing materials.
- Research, concept, write and develop marketing materials for both financial advisor and public audiences.
- Develop new content from scratch-researching and originating the ideas, structuring the story and illustrating the arguments with creative visuals.
- Actively lead or participate in brainstorming sessions to generate ideas for new campaigns, promotions and sales tools.
- Manage and update existing materials to meet compliance requirements and maintain a portfolio of top-tier sales tools.
- Stay current with industry updates and financial advisors needs and develop content to address these trends.
- Employ strong project management skills including the ability to independently manage multiple projects, meet deliverable dates and prioritize and organize effectively.
- Manage content updates of existing materials, including scheduling, routing, editing, proofing and maintaining appropriate inventory levels. Gauge effectiveness of existing marketing materials and make recommendations for enhancement.
- Build and maintain relationships and provide marketing support to internal business partners, in particular sales force.
- Act as a liaison between Marketing and Sales.
- Know our lineup of products.
- Actively build knowledge and understanding of changing financial market conditions, fund performance and financial advisor needs. Incorporate this knowledge into new content and promotions.
- Remain current with FINRA compliance rules and understand how to apply them to the materials developed.
What ideal qualifications, skills & experience would help someone to be successful?
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably with a major in marketing, communications, journalism, English, or finance.
- 5+ years' experience in marketing/communications, preferably with mutual fund/asset management experience.
- FINRA series 6 or ability to obtain within 1 year. FINRA Series 7 preferred.
- Substantial knowledge and interest in financial markets, mutual funds and the investment industry.
- Superior project management and organizational abilities
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to write compelling marketing content with examples of successful projects
- Experience in all steps of the marketing process from idea generation and writing through distribution and tracking.
- Able to work in a fast-pace dynamic environment and manage work on simultaneous projects
- Ability to interface with senior sales management and other internal partners
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of standard business applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills, proficiency at prioritization, the ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks, and the ability to operate under tight deadlines
- Ability to analyze success of a program and develop and implement plans for improvement
- Self-starter who can work independently or with minimal supervision
- A true team player, translating prior knowledge and experience into strong and productive relationships internally and externally
- Can-do attitude, strong work ethic
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards -the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Three weeks paid time off the first year
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match, up to the IRS limits
- Employee Stock Investment Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
- Onsite fitness center and recreation center*
- Onsite cafeteria*
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people , and see what it means to say, "I AM Franklin Templeton".
Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite you to visit us at http://www.franklintempletoncareers.com/ to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.