Senior Business Analyst / Senior - Global Investment Management
- San Mateo, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 19 Oct 17 2017-10-19
Senior Business Analyst / Senior - Global Investment Management
Franklin Templeton Investments is a leading global investment management organization due to the efforts of our greatest assets - our employees. We have over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world, servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. We believe in our corporate values of putting clients first, building relationships, achieving quality results, and working with integrity. Our people are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners.
For more than 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people. We're currently looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
The Senior Business Analyst provides a wide range of services in support of the front office teams, including Investment Management groups, Trading Desks, Risk Management and Performance, and Investment Compliance. In addition, the Business Analyst will support the ETF Portfolio management teams by ensuring crucial trade and compliance
data are available and accurate, and will log and resolve any data, functionality, and/or system issues reported, track issues for further trend analysis and identify root cause and provide proposed resolutions, provide recommendations.
Investment Management Support and Services:
- Answer incoming inquiries from Portfolio Managers, Traders, Investment Compliance, and Franklin Templeton Technologies.
- Ensure the timely load of AP Order file as well as the PLF and PCF creation in Liberty.
- Monitor timely and successful load of orders from Liberty to Charles River.
- Assist in setting up, testing and validation of indices required for the Strategic Beta ETFs.
- Ensure that errors are properly communicated to the appropriate operational groups from the workflow monitor.
- Track and identify trends for review with operation groups to identify root cause, propose resolution, provide recommendations, conduct system test to validate the fixes prior to implementing changes.
- Partner with technical groups to monitor, troubleshoot and resolve errors from any system interfaces to the investment management systems.
- Coordinate with FTT for completion of new user setup for Charles River Oracle ID, OneTIS system ID, and for Liberty application setup for ETF Portfolio Management teams.
- Provide new user training on Charles River and Liberty applications.
- Maintain Charles River user and group templates adding new user and group template.
- Setup and maintenance of the Charles River Manager Workbench Profile and Layout Design, as well as the Blotter and Layout Design.
- Setup new and maintenance existing Charles River stored queries.
- Provide Content Management in Charles River and Liberty from Account Systems, OneTIS, MSCI, FactSet, RIMES, Bloomberg, and other as required.
- Research, analyze and solve problems related to Charles River and Liberty data and any data services or System setup and assess the impact to other business groups.
- Maintain control procedures and perform data integrity audits as necessary in order to ensure the accuracy and integrity of data.
- Track, identify trends, and engage the appropriate supports and vendors to resolve issues.
- Partner with operations groups, technologies, and vendors to research and resolve content discrepancies.
- Keep a current understanding of the appropriate group workflows (PM, Trading, Operations, Compliance) and ensure that changes are appropriately reflected in Charles River.
- Keep a current understanding of the ETF workflow and interfacing between Liberty and Charles River.
- Document and maintain business workflows and processes (Ensure understand and upkeep system documentation.)
- Management the development, testing, and implementation of modification and enhancements to systems and ensure procedures are updated appropriately. Maintain investment professional contacts and ensure Portfolio Managers, Traders, Fund Accounting and Operational personnel are informed of issues and impact to their workflows.
- Gather and document user requirements, prepare project charter and seek project funding, manage project to completion following the project life cycle.
Qualifications of an ideal candidate:
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of experience in Investment Management & Operations
(May consider applicants with 2+ years of experience having related business analyst experience within financial serices)
- Previous Business Analyst experience supporting investment management, investment operations, fund accounting, or related functional areas
- Experience with relational databases and administration of systems
- Solid understanding of financial markets, standard asset classes, and various security types
- Understanding of derivatives a plus, but not required
- Charles River Experience a plus, but not required
- ETF Workflow Knowledge a plus, but not required
- FactSet, KLD a plus, but not required
- Bloomberg, IDC, Thomson Reuters, and other data providers
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong written and oral communication
- Strong analytical skills, ability to resolve simple and complex issues quickly and accurately
- Ability to make judgment to implement the recommended solution with consideration of risk exposure and escalate to management
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards-the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
* Three weeks paid time off the first year
* Medical, dental and vision insurance
* 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match, up to the IRS limits
* Employee Stock Investment Program
* Tuition Assistance Program
* Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
* Onsite fitness center and recreation center
* Onsite cafeteria
Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite you to visit us at www.franklintempletoncareers.com to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.