Shareholder Report Writer
- San Mateo, CA, USA San Mateo CA US
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 21 Jul 18 2018-07-21
Shareholder Report Writer
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
What is the Financial Writing group responsible for?
The Shareholder Report Writers helps create the Manager's Discussion of Performance for semi annual and annual reports for more than 200 mutual funds. This involves writing, formatting content within our content management system, proofing and working cross-functionally to prepare the reports for approval for printing and mailing to fund shareholders. The daily responsibilities for this role include:
- Writing, editing and routing certain sections of the shareholder reports for strictly scheduled production timelines to meet SEC and FINRA requirements.
- Learning, understanding and adhering to Sarbanes-Oxley requirements for writing and documentation.
- Creating first drafts of Portfolio Manager performance commentary using independent research and attribution reports.
- Under general direction of manager, revising draft commentaries submitted by portfolio managers and other content providers.
- Fulfilling ad-hoc legal and partner requirements and solving problems related to the content.
- Responsible for the end-to-end creation and production of the Manager's Discussion of Performance and certain related content in US Shareholder reports. This includes writing, editing, routing and obtaining approvals across many departments such as Portfolio Management, Legal, Fund Accounting, Marketing Principal, Executive, board members and outside auditors.
- Collects and interprets data from Product Data Services, Market Research, Portfolio Management, Fund Accounting, and Legal. Checks figures for accuracy. Works with Sarbanes-Oxley reviewers for compliance. Works on assignments of increasing scope and complexity as experience is gained in the position. May be responsible for writing market and economic overviews, requiring the ability to provide intensive research and interpret data having impact on equity, bond and commodity prices.
- Formats the content within the content management system (FundSuite ARC) and proofread reports for issues or errors to ensure the marketing sections are clean and ready for final printing. Reviews proofs and works with outside typesetters for reports that are not set-up on our content management system.
What ideal qualifications would help someone to be successful?
- Minimum of 2-3 years of successful writing experience, strongly desired in the financial services industry.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably with a major in English, communications, economics or similar discipline.
- Basic knowledge of regulatory and industry rules, guidelines, and standards strongly desired (SEC, FINRA).
- Demonstrated success in adhering to schedules, multi-tasking, project management, attention to detail, organization of materials and cooperating with team members.
- Exposure to multiple client types (e.g., Institutional, Retail, non-U.S.) a plus.
- Effective interpersonal skills, proficiency at prioritization, the proven experience with simultaneously managing multiple tasks, and the ability to operate under scheduled deadlines.
- Proficiency interpreting statistical information and ability to translate data to support written statements.
- Basic research and analytical skills, including ability to perform simple mathematical calculations or analyses and accurately proofreading documents.
- Proficient in word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Knowledge of desktop publishing or content management systems a plus.
- Experience working with cross-functional and multi-channel teams (e.g., Portfolio Management, Legal, RIC, Fund Accounting, Creative Services, Marketing Principal) a plus.
- This role consists of working on a computer for most, if not all, of the working hours.
- Solve problems of moderate scope and complexity, refers to policies and practices for guidance.
- Flexible, adaptable to constant changes and able to succeed in an autonomous, dynamic, and highly functional team.
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards -the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Three weeks paid time off the first year
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match, up to the IRS limits
- Employee Stock Investment Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
- Onsite fitness center and recreation center
- Onsite cafeteria
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people , and see what it means to say, "I AM Franklin Templeton".
Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, or gender expression, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation. We invite you to visit us at http://www.franklintempletoncareers.com/ to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.