Social Media Strategist (Lead)
- San Mateo, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 21 Oct 17 2017-10-21
Social Media Strategist (Lead)
Franklin Templeton Investments is a leading global investment management organization due to the efforts of our greatest assets - our employees. We have over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world, servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. We believe in our corporate values of putting clients first, building relationships, achieving quality results, and working with integrity. Our people are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners.
For more than 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people. We're currently looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
A key member of the Global Digital Marketing team, this individual will be responsible for shaping the voice and personality of Franklin Templeton's social profiles in the US. This role will work in close partnership with Client and Product Marketing, Sales and the other marketing channel owners to devise and test approaches that maximize our reach and engagement. Never content with the status quota, the successful candidate will lead the team to test and learn our way through the new and innovate opportunities available in social.
Besides our work in social, this role will also be a key team member in working with us on developing and reactivating our syndication strategy, and in testing new rules-based omni-channel campaigning activities.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Develop a strategy which extends Franklin Templeton's social media presence in the US;
- Collaborate with global social media partner to share best practices, tools and trends;
- Manage and help evolve penetration and engagement strategies for all of Franklin Templeton's public social channels including: Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter. Explore and provide recommendations on new social platforms, approaches and capabilities;
- Work closely with our client marketing, product marketing, marketing channel owners, Digital Publishing, and sales to create content and online engagement opportunities that effectively deliver superior user experiences, and reinforce the brand while increasing reach and engagement;
- Interact in online conversations, humanizing and reinforcing a positive impression of the brand;
- Be aware of sensitive topics relating to the brand and communicate suggestions when possible;
- Level social media to increase the company's brand presence, and test new functionality as it becomes available;
- Develop and deliver paid and organic campaigns to aid larger marketing initiatives;
- Develop a US social media schedule to ensure a regular cadence of posting. Write, edit, design, manage, and track all posts and their performance;
- Use social listening tools to guide the strategy i.e. key themes from our influencers;
- Stay abreast of social media best practices, tools and trends;
- Evolve our current content syndication program through testing new approaches to drive increased number of participates and their frequency of participation;
- Partner closely with the Digital Marketing team to support the execution and reporting of rules-based marketing campaigns on our Marketing Automation Platform - this will include paid re-targeting activities on social channels
Ideal Candidates will have:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 6 years social media experience
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in marketing, advertising, digital, communications or a related field
- Experience with social media platforms - Spredfast, Hearsay and Sprinklr experience would be ideal
- Experienced with Marketing Automation Platforms - Marketo experience preferred
- Extremely skilled at writing for social media and an understanding that social media in a highly complex governed B2B environment requires you to follow legal guidelines on what you can and cannot say online
- Very experience with online social media channels such as LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, etc.
- Great people skills; ability to focus on the business goal and outcome
- Strong follow-up and follow-through skills; leaders are busy and you will often need to take the initiative to get what you need from them
- Self-starter, and ability to work independently
- Conceived and socializes approach; participates in determining objectives of assignment; plans, schedules and arranges own and team's activities in accomplishing objectives
- Develops solutions to a variety of problems; ensures solutions are consistent with organization objectives
- May be required to travel to and from FTI offices or to Franklin Templeton sponsored events
Highlights of our benefits include:
* Three weeks paid time off the first year
* Medical, dental and vision insurance
* 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match, up to the IRS limits
* Employee Stock Investment Program
* Tuition Assistance Program
* Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
* Onsite fitness center and recreation center
* Onsite cafeteria
Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite you to visit us at www.franklintempletoncareers.com to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.