Strategic Business Consultant
- San Mateo, CA, USA San Mateo CA US
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 23 May 18 2018-05-23
Strategic Business Consultant
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
What is the Strategic Business Consultant responsible for?
To act as an intermediary/consultant with senior leaders of Franklin Templeton's various business groups to develop strategic business plans. This role will support US Advisory Services which includes US Retail Sales, Institutional Sales, RIA, DCIO/VAIO, Separate Accounts and Canada Sales.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of a Strategic Business Consultant?
• Work with Sr Sales, Marketing and Service Leadership to identify key business priorities
• Support Sales, Marketing and Service Leaders in formulating and executing strategic plans
• Liaison between Sales, Marketing and Service Management (from Data and Analytics perspective)
• Work with Sales, Marketing and Service staff to provide analytical support, identify challenges and envisage solutions
• Ability to engage and provoke thought leadership during strategy sessions with management
• Utilize research and analytical data to support and guide leadership to stated objectives
• Ability to communicate complex data to management in a useful manner
• Conduct analysis on key business metrics
• Drive and communicate insights from various analyses to sales leaders
• Provide guidance to sales support team on business requirements
• Conduct CBA analysis
• Develop high level program & project plans in line with business objectives
• Collaborate with project managers from various business groups
• Provide ongoing communication to Management & Sales Leaders regarding project
• Manage resources effectively to meet project timelines
• Manage various projects
• Identify actionable insights via data analysis, leveraging methods such as key driver analysis, customer segmentation and profiling, pattern recognition, and design of experiments
• Present strategic insights internally based on internal and external data to gain alignment of major initiatives at multiple levels of the organization
• Work with a team of analysts (In house account champion) working with Sales, Marketing and Service teams
• Identify, measure, and quantify marketplace/retailers trends, issues and opportunities. Deliver weekly and monthly internal and external category insights to support short & long term strategic decision making
• Leverage internal and external data sources including point-of-sales, Market & internal financial data to create analysis, presentations & recommendations in support of delivering profitable sales growth
• Measure and Analyze sales changes, identify causations, quantify impact to brand and category
• Use advanced tools like SAS, R, Tableau for the purpose of understanding and analyzing data
• Design effective and impactful reports and visualizations for both large and small scale distribution, present your findings and recommendations
• Develop reports, presentations, feedback loops and continuous improvement plans that facilitate integrated change management and adoption
What ideal qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
• Bachelor's degree in business and/or information technology related fields
• 5-7 years of project management experience
• 3+ yrs financial services or mutual fund experience
• Experience with workflow design analysis and data analysis
• Experience handling multiple deliverables, developing strong interdepartmental relationships, as well as strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to lead and facilitate meetings with senior management
• Proven track record in managing multiple projects which are global in scope.
• Expert knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project, MS PowerPoint, CRM's and Visio
• Ability to work independently and with all levels of management
• Ability to use technical skills and creativity to graphically represent concepts
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
• Excellent teamwork track record
• Familiarity with Franklin Templeton Institutional business development/cycle
• Strong organizational and administrative skills.
• Work is performed under very general direction; participates in determining objectives of assignment
• Ability to exercise independent judgment consistent with department guidelines.
• Develops solutions to a variety of problems; ensures solutions are consistent with organization objectives
• Strong ability to manage resources to accomplish project objectives
• Ability to identify project objectives, scope, and approach
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards -the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Three weeks paid time off the first year
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match, up to the IRS limits
- Employee Stock Investment Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
- Onsite fitness center and recreation center
- Onsite cafeteria
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people , and see what it means to say, "I AM Franklin Templeton".
Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite you to visit us at http://www.franklintempletoncareers.com/ to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.