VP, Product Manager 2 - Equities
- San Mateo, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 22 Feb 18 2018-02-22
VP, Product Manager 2 - Equities
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
Franklin Templeton's Global Product Management group is responsible for providing leadership in ensuring that the firm's investment products are positioned at the highest levels of investment market standards, and that this is effectively communicated internally and externally. The Vice President (VP), Product Manager for the North American Equity Product Management team will act as a liaison between investment management, distribution and our other internal business partners. In this capacity, the Product Manager is expected to serve as a product expert and product champion for several US equity and hybrid (multi-asset) strategies.
This particular position will emphasize content development, working with internal parties to ensure accurate and compelling representation of the investment strategies under coverage, and will work closely with the Director of the team in support of key initiatives and ad hoc projects. The day-to-day role of a product manager is a fluid one, with the immediate needs of the products generally dictating what must be the required focus. The Product Manager works with senior sales professionals to promote and competitively position these strategies through active involvement in distribution initiatives across retail and institutional channels as well as in support of existing client relationships. The Product Manager also interacts with senior investment management to better understand and explain the assigned investment strategies.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of a VP, Product Manager?
- Serve as the primary subject matter expert (SME) of the investment-related aspects of several US equity and hybrid (multi-asset) investment strategies and products to sales, client service, consultant relations, marketing, other business partners and external clients, with a particular focus and expertise in the institutional space, acting as internal and external proxy for portfolio management representing their investment strategies.
- Promote the gathering and retention of assets under management by providing clients, prospects, and internal partners with ongoing insights about the investment philosophy, process, and performance of specific products.
- Effectively answer client servicing questions, articulate investment team views and respond to performance and other investment-related inquiries on assigned investment strategies.
- Educate internal audiences on investment strategies and products. Articulate investment philosophy, process, and performance and cross-platform storytelling to various external (potential and existing clients, consultants and third parties) and internal (sales, client service, marketing, and consultant relations) audiences.
- Identify and assess new product and business opportunities (customized separate accounts, sub-advised products and new funds).
- Support Director in related projects tied to broader platform or corporate initiatives and ad hoc projects.
What ideal qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
- 8-10+ years product management or other pertinent industry experience, preferably with a focus on investment management, investment consulting or buy-side experience.
- Experience in equity, fixed income, and convertible bond asset classes; experience with derivative securities and private investments a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess a high energy level and drive to succeed coupled with ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to translate complex portfolio data (such as performance attribution reports) into useable information.
- Demonstrated knowledge of distribution channels, investment vehicles and pricing structures.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills, with ability to effectively communicate with senior professionals.
- Knowledge of markets, products & techniques.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Highly motivated and a self-starter.
- CFA and/or MBA preferred.
- Travel Requirements: Limited travel requirements.
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards -the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Three weeks paid time off the first year
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match, up to the IRS limits
- Employee Stock Investment Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
- Onsite fitness center and recreation center
- Onsite cafeteria
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people , and see what it means to say, "I AM Franklin Templeton".
Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite you to visit us at http://www.franklintempletoncareers.com/ to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.