Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Part-time Field Consultant Job Location US-CA-Santa Clara County
Group Operations Management
Type Regular Part-Time (30 hrs. or less)
Commercial and personal line insurance carriers rely on EXL as a key business partner through our Castle High Value and EXL Risk Control service offerings. We offer a variety of field inspection and risk control services to support our clients’ underwriting processes. EXL’s consultants deliver industry-leading professionalism, quality and turn-around time, and our innovative solutions help our clients keep ahead of the competition.
EXL Survey and Risk Control is looking for skilled professionals to perform field inspections/surveys on high value homes and small businesses for personal lines and commercial lines insurance companies.
EXL’s Castle High Value and Risk Control divisions are the nation’s leading residential and commercial insurance survey companies. Castle provides replacement cost estimating and loss prevention services on high value homes for personal lines insurance carriers. Risk Control’s field professionals evaluate commercial businesses and their operations with a thorough understanding of coverage and exposure, documenting underwriting concerns and making recommendations for risk improvement.
EXL is interested in motivated and self-directed professionals who come with experience in the insurance industry and/or loss control and/or with knowledge of the construction and real estate business. We understand experience in both personal lines and commercial lines insurance is rare, so the company offers an excellent training program to cross-train. All interested candidates are encouraged to submit their qualifications. Come join the EXL Survey and Risk Control team!
This position is intended to service the counties of Santa Clara and San Mateo. The work for this territory includes but is not limited to the cities of San Jose, Cupertino, Saratoga, Menlo Park, Portola Valley, Hillsborough, and Atherton.
- Superb training program
- Work from home
- Excellent culture and team
- Career advancement opportunities
This is a non-exempt, work-from-home, employee position in which the Field Consultant is responsible for completing multiple EXL Survey products and other support tasks. Products serviced to include High Value Surveys, Commercial Risk Control Surveys, Phone Surveys and Desk Surveys. Field Consultants must complete the requisite number of surveys each month to achieve personal revenue production goals. Also accountable for ongoing pricing research and local insurance agency visits to help maintain future order flows. Additional responsibilities include mentoring, quality review and other special projects as directed by manager
- High Value Surveys
- Conduct property surveys on high value homes, documenting the construction materials, workmanship and special features of the structure
- Determine square footage of the home through detailed measurements or by replicating available building plans
- Generate an estimate replacement cost based on industry calculators, EXL resources and your personal findings at the home
- Observe and assess physical and liability hazards to the property, including natural hazards such as wildfire and hurricane exposure. Document all such hazards for underwriting, including recommendations for risk improvement.
- Competed a detailed survey report write-up, including narrative assessments
- Commercial Lines Risk Control Surveys
- Conduct underwriting surveys and loss control assessments on commercial businesses
- Observe and evaluate risk for various commercial insurance lines of business including Property, General Liability, Workers Compensation and Auto/Fleet.
- Engage business owner to discuss and ascertain corporate safety culture, loss history, risk management controls and maturity of company safety programs
- Document all hazards observed for underwriting, and make recommendations for risk improvement.
- Complete a detailed survey report write-up, including narrative assessment
- Other Duties
- Phone and Desk Surveys
- Regularly meet with local insurance agents to build a personal rapport, and promote the company’s products and services
- Additional responsibilities include pricing research, mentoring, quality review and other special projects as directed by manager
- Continually upgrade your Survey skillset through company-provided training and other learning opportunities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Needed
- High Value Survey or Commercial Survey experience preferred
- Excellent professionalism and emotional intelligence
- Strong analytical skills and resourcefulness
- Solid aptitude for risk assessment and replacement cost
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Knowledge in use of computer equipment, software, and general office equipment
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and handle time sensitive urgencies
- Willingness to travel
EEO Statement EEO/Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabilities Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS