Project Managers, Product Organization
Silicon Valley Bank serves some of the most innovative companies in the world. Our clients are forward thinkers. True believers. Optimists. Inspired by them, we're changing the face of banking. Our clients have redefined products in many areas of the global economy, and every day we power their ability to do so. And we need leaders with the same can-do attitude as our clients. We're looking for creative thinkers who want to challenge the status quo and create a truly seamless digital banking experience on a global scale.
We are growing our Product organization and adding several Project Managers (of various levels) to join our talented team. General responsibilities
Responsible for driving the execution of project management standards, typically managing one or more projects, and owning the progress, cost, and quality of the project, to ensure the end-to-end delivery of project on budget, on schedule and with high quality. The project manager will drive overall coordination, status reporting and stability of projects - setting key project milestones and tracking execution against them.
This project manager role will also encompass Scrum Master functions including, supporting the team in their understanding of Agile, facilitate Scrum ceremonies, remove impediments and shield them from external distractions. This role is also a personal coach for team members and an innovator who constantly seeks continuous improvement and builds high performing teams. Scrum Master
- As project Scrum Master, runs the software development planning process, centered on the use of Jira and Confluence for the definition business and technical requirements, requirements tracking, feature prioritization, sprint planning and daily scrums.
- Ensures that technical solution requirements correctly reflect business requirements as stated in the project Epics and User Stories.
- Ensure teams actions are aligned with the project goals / vision
- Build and coach high performing teams; Look for ways to strengthen teams understanding of Agile / Scrum concepts and principles.
- Foster a continuous learning environment helping teams to inspect & adapt
- Ensure Scrum practices are used and improved within and across teams
- Manages multiple complex enterprise projects simultaneously and drives full life-cycle development and delivery of new products, service capabilities, and operational improvements from conception through launch and warranty support
- Manages overall coordination, status reporting and stability of complex project-oriented work efforts and adheres to project management processes and methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, and meet high quality standards and customer expectations
- Manages project financials including development, tracking, & reporting of forecasts and actuals to budget and Authors business cases, estimates project costs and benefits (ROI, etc.), and shepherds concepts through the new project approval and prioritization process
- Partners with senior management of the business community to identify and prioritize opportunities for utilizing process reengineering and technology to achieve the goals of the enterprise; Drives creation of and/or changes to existing processes, procedures, work flows, and related documentation
- Manage overall coordination of cross-functional teams including subject matter experts from various departments across the organization (e.g., Compliance, Product Management, Operations, Internal Audit, Servicing, IT, Legal, Marketing, Sales, Training & Communication, Accounting, Finance, et.al.); Engages with marketing, sales, and sales enablement, and ensures an integrated strategy with training and communications
- Designs, implements, and practices large scale strategies in change management, risk management, vendor management, business continuity management, and business implementation management
- Partners closely with Project Managers to ensure alignment of technical activities with the business activities for effective, end-to-end change implementation and an optimal client experience
- Acts as an advocate for all business stakeholders within the lifecycle of a project, ensuring that their needs are understood and addressed in advance of launch
- Facilitates team meetings, business working sessions, vendor meetings, and attends IT meetings to drive initiatives and advance business objectives
- Partners with Compliance, Internal Audit, and other departments to respond to examinations and audit requests, manage execution and implementation of action plans, and ensure all processes and changes implemented fully comply with applicable regulations and legislation, standards, policies, and guidelines (e.g., BSA, AML, SOX, PCI-DSS, ECOA, et.al.)
- Manages preparations to ensure business readiness, including system configuration implementation (business set ups), and orchestrates User Acceptance Testing to ensure business requirements are met
- Collaborates with Product Support on client communications, internal communications, training plans, and client-facing sales and support materials
- Sets priorities under conditions of limited resources and competing demands; Identify trade-offs between short and long-term benefits to drive shared vision between the team and product owner
- Collaborates with operational teams and client support as needed to resolve issues in a timely and effective manner
- Develops business roll-out / go-to-market plans, including managing client pilots and client migrations
- Orchestrating and facilitating gate reviews and go/no-go meetings before launch (with stakeholders outside their pod)
- Owns post-go-live business assessments, measuring value realization (i.e. project results for 3yrs after project is complete), training and communications (i.e. execution of training & communication plans, including the development & delivery of training to both clients, other external audiences and internal audiences such as Operations & Client Svcs)
- Expert knowledge of project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices and organizational change management techniques.
- Expert knowledge of Agile scrum related processes, and the use of the Jira and Confluence tools.
- Knowledge of plan development and execution, scope planning, schedule management, cost estimating and control, quality planning assurance, organizational planning, project communications, risk identification/ response control and management.
- Knowledge of the business solution development process, including requirements gathering, analysis and design, development of tools, technology and supplemental materials, quality assurance, and deployment management.
- Working knowledge of audit and regulatory practices; ensures that projects under their responsibility are fully compliant with corporate standards.
- Able to understand business needs and applications and apply these for competitive advantage
- Able to build a sense of trust and rapport that creates a comfortable & effective workplace
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to quickly build trust and relationships, manage matrixed teams, bridge communication gaps, resolve conflicts, and influence stakeholders at all levels (including executives)
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to quickly break down large, complex initiatives into logical, manageable work packages, tasks, and sub-tasks for execution
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to quickly learn new products, lines of business, processes, software, systems, and client needs
- Effective risk management skills and ability to predict and mitigate risks and issues, as well as anticipating and proactively preparing for changes and impacts to clients and SVB's business
- Expert at gap and root cause analysis; Familiar with root cause analysis tools and techniques
- Polished diplomacy, active listening, persuasiveness, and presentation skills to evangelize new products or changes and gain buy-in, consensus, and cooperation in the face of conflicting viewpoints, resistance to change, constraints, etc. Skilled in building relationships and navigating through organizations
- Critical-thinking, business analysis, and process engineering skills to manage, contribute to, and foresee pitfalls in process-related deliverables
- Team Leadership - Experienced in assessing how the team is doing and drive necessary actions to improve
- Able to develop and foster teamwork and facilitate team dynamics
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to coach and mentor team all roles on a Scrum team
- Project Management
- Technical Capacity
- Communication Proficiency
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Collaboration/Team Building
- Customer Focus
- Planning and Organizing
- Quality Orientation
- Meeting Leadership
- Initiating Action
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- 8-12 years of experience in project management, including at least 3 years of experience in financial services, FinTech and/or fast paced technology environments.
- Experience serving as Agile Scrum Master in creating web services platforms.
- Familiar with the software development methodologies (e.g., agile, waterfall) and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), incl. processes, roles and responsibilities, entry and exit criteria, and key deliverables for each stage
- Past developer experience is highly desired (preferably in agile setup)
- Specific experience with Jira, Confluence and similar tools and methodologies.
- An ideal candidate will also have technical experience working with various technology stacks and coaching development teams
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- PMP Certification