Software Engineer I
Make Next Happen Now.
For more than 30 years, Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) has helped innovative companies and their investors move bold ideas forward, fast. SVB provides targeted financial services and expertise through its offices in innovation centers across the world. With commercial, international and private banking services, SVB helps address the unique needs of innovators.
We are looking for a Software Engineer I to join our growing digital banking and API banking delivery team, which provides online banking, mobile and API's. The ideal candidate should have the necessary skills and experience to provide technical guidance, estimation of efforts, understanding and deciding upon the optimal technology solution to achieve the desired business needs, day to day application support, should be able to navigate differing levels of gray/unknowns, and have excellent communication skills with other IT management levels, individual contributors and business stakeholders. They must be able to move at a rapid rate of execution to deliver requests and take advantage of any opportunities as they present themselves and navigate through any resource constraints. They must have both the short- and long-term strategic view when deciding on the best technical approach. They must be able to develop code and effectively oversee distributed development team members.
A s a Software Engineer I, primary responsibility will be towards the development and support of Digital, Payments, Cards, Foreign Exchange and other banking services. The Software engineer will be responsible for all software aspects within the team including research, design, technology insertion, development, testing and supporting them.
- Design and develop technical solutions that meet user needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, and reliability.
- Oversee proactive maintenance on our existing SaaS and on-premise applications within the Digital, Mobile, Cards, Merchant Services, Foreign Exchange, Core banking and Trade Finance space to ensure our mission critical systems remain stable, are able to scale as our business grows, and remain fit-for-purpose.
- Coordinate and assist with troubleshooting of code defects, data errors and configuration problems to determine the origin of application error. Strong experience in supporting Business critical/ complex applications.
- Exercises Judgement within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Must have technical lead experience for small to medium sized projects.
- Drive departmental best practices, guidelines implementation and adhere to standards.
- Demonstrated expertise in designing and developing real-time integrations, file-based integrations and be able to optimize the use of database level processing.
- Empathy with developers. Innate desire to create a superlative developer experience down to the last detail.
- Deep love of building elegant, maintainable, well-documented, secure code.
- Abstracting and refactoring should be a passion, not a chore.
- Drive to learn new things and go above and beyond the call of duty.
- Always working to improve yourself and constructively support the team around you.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science
- Must have hands on technical experience for medium to large sized projects.
- Ability to influence the architecture and design
- Demonstrated expertise developing rich and responsive web applications and API's
- Experience and exposure developing mobile applications (browser based, hybrid or native)
- Knowledge of effective UI testing frameworks
- Experience in technologies such as Java, J2EE, JSON, Rest, Angular JS, Node JS, React JS, Loopback and API frameworks
- Knowledge of CI/CD processes for build and deployment of various applications
- Familiarity with security concepts
- Strong passion towards building tools and systems that enable engineers to push code quickly and safely
- Excellent communication skills take initiative attitude and very collaborative
- Experience in virtualization and cloud frameworks such as VMWare and OpenStack
- Experience in tools and deployment frameworks such as Git/Bitbucket, Jenkins, Puppet, Oracle, WebLogic, etc.
- Build and deployment experience on both Windows and Linux
- Full stack project experience is preferred
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies is a plus