Sr. Software Engineer
Come join a growing bank at the heart of the innovation, technology, green tech and life sciences space. We continue to expand our global footprint and our banking technology is at the core of everything we do.
Work within our IT Marketing team and be part of a team that helps ensure our applications and technology can deliver the capabilities to support our growing banking operations, as well as support our expansion roadmap. You will work closely with cross-functional business, IT and vendor teams to ensure we are delivering the right-sized solutions to meet current, future and long-term needs in support of our banking product processing and continuing expansion efforts.
As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will be part of the Global Technology and Risk Services group focused on our Marketing business and applications.
The primary responsibility will be the development and delivery of Marketing solutions/projects and initiatives being used by our business partners. The engineer will be responsible for all software aspects including research, design, technology insertion, development, testing, deployment and sustainment. The role will be focusing on developing the solutions working closely with partner resources and SVB team members (development leads and systems analysts).
Primary responsibilities would be:
- Hands-on development and contribution towards the delivery of the projects at hand
- Work closely and collaborate with onsite/offsite leads and developers in design and delivery of solutions
- Follow SVB's Agile / SSDLC delivery methodologies for the delivery of the solutions
- Complete ownership of the applications in the portfolio right from development to day to day support aspects
- Support team in evaluation and selection of appropriate tools and technologies
- Collaborate and contribute to the architectural roadmaps and adhere to the enterprise architecture guidelines
- Compliance to all SVB standards, policies and procedures
- Required to work in overlapping/shift hours when needed
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot production issues
- 8 years of experience on software engineering
- Hands-on Experience building (.Net or Java) web applications, RESTful Webservices, transactional databases (MS SQL or Oracle), and enterprise integration services/solutions
- Experience in implementing 2+ full life cycle projects using one of the following technologies:
- Marketing Automation (Marketo, Microsoft Dynamics Marketing, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Eloqua)
- Implementation experience with COTS and SAAS/PAAS based solutions
- Experience with Agile & SDLC development methodologies
- Experience with Jira & Confluence
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment
- A bachelor's degree is required, preferably in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or other related engineering discipline
Nice to have:
- Prior experience with regulated financial organizations
- Experience as a front-end developer
- Experience as a UI/UX designer