- South San Francisco, CA, USA
- Temporary, Part time
- 19 Mar 18
Associate Software Engineer Intern
Location: South San Francisco, CA, USAThis position is primarily for an application development & support engineer within the Content Solutions - Structured Analytics division of Moody's Analytics. You will be an integral part of our Platform Services Team which is mainly focused on maintaining web services API and backend infrastructure. This is a very dynamic role in the sense that it will provide exposure to multiple products that are catered by ESA.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work closely with members within the team throughout all phases of SDLC.
- Develop expertise in how different modules/processes interact with each other.
- Modularize our applications using modern open source technologies
- Design & develop new functionality in the web services/backend tiers.
- Work on cloud integration efforts for our legacy web applications.
- Perform code optimization, cleanup and reorganization in an effort to make the services robust and scalable.
You will be part of the Platform Services Team.
Senior Standing pursuing BA in college/university majoring in Computer Science, IT, Software Engineer, Software Developer.
- Experience in building software processes/applications.
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Programming concepts.
- Working knowledge in JAVA programming language.
- Experience with any SQL (preferably ORACLE) desired.
- Knowledge of distributed frameworks such as Apache Storm/Spark/Kafka is a plus.
- Knowledge of any NoSQL technologies such as MongoDB, ElasticSearch is a plus.
- Knowledge of caching technologies such as Redis, MemCache is a plus.
- Experience working on LINUX environment is a plus.
- Experience with AWS is a plus.
- Strong debugging, analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess a positive attitude in general.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.