- South San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Location: South San Francisco, CA, USA
Devops Engineers are IT professionals who collaborate with software developers, system operators, and other IT staff members to manage code releases and support our production applications. They cross and merge the barriers that exist between software development, testing and operations teams and keep existing systems in mind as they design, plan and test.
Are you looking for a challenging position working in fast-paced team working on the latest cloud-based technologies to help with changing the technology stack in use currently? We are growing our DevOps team to provide more global coverage and are looking for a strong candidate to help shape the future or the DevOps function.
- Develop and maintain automation and configuration management systems
- Responsible for setting up, managing, and promoting the tools and processes that enable modern software development and deployment.?
- The successful candidate has a deep understanding of the SDLC, the various points at which development could be improved by better tools, automation, or process improvement, and metrics that can be gathered to improve development management.?
- Work with data in SQL databases; perform queries and data mining.?
- Participate in product management efforts, including specifications review, working with development teams to implement product functionality and QA efforts.?
- Work with IT organization on Amazon implementations and management of applications running in AWS
Required Required Skills:
• Ability to handle multiple, competing for priority
• A self-starter, learn and work independently without much supervision
• Willingness to follow through on questions until a resolution has been reached
• Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional boundaries
• High level of proficiency in CI/CD with Jenkins
• High level of understanding of various branching strategy with source-control and proficiency with one of the popular source code management systems like Git, Perforce, Subversion, Clearcase, etc.
• Proficiency in shell scripting
• Proficient in Windows batch and Command Prompt. PowerShell is a plus.
• High level of proficiency in Linux system administration
• High level of proficiency in Windows system administration
Preferred • Working knowledge of Docker containerization
• Experience in development in Java, C#/.NET, or C++, and understanding of how software is developed, built and delivered in those platforms
• Experience with installer packages with InstallShield is a plus
• Grasp of network topology and how network devices like firewall, load balancer, router, etc.,
• Experience with configuration management tools like Chef, Puppet, and Ansible is a plus
• Ability to understand and help configure third-party software systems
• Experience with NoSQL databases like MongoDB and other data storage systems like ElasticSearch is highly desired.
• Experience with relational databases like SQL Server and Oracle is a plus.
• Experience with JIRA and Confluence is a plus.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.