- South San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Senior QA Engineer
Location: South San Francisco, CA, USAWe are looking for a passionate Quality Assurance Engineer to support our test effort for our Web Services Enterprise Apps team in South San Francisco and be a key contributor to improve quality, functionality, reliability and usability of the supported systems.
The ideal candidate will have working experience in API & Web Services testing with
excellent attention to detail and enjoy collaborating with both the stakeholders and software engineers in order to drive the development process forward.
- Work in close collaboration with QA, Engineering, Product, Business team to create test strategies
- Execute test strategies and communicate clear issues, risks and overall product quality
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Design, write and execute manual and automated tests
- Execute System / Integration test REST API's, User interface, Database, reporting, ETL / Batch application components
- Coordinate and work with key stakeholders to ensure coverage (functional, regression and UAT testing) for each software release.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly with test artefacts and track bugs/defects/issues for each release with JIRA.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Analyse the results and provide meaningful reports to project team.
- Recommends modifications to standard testing processes to improve quality and effectiveness .
The Content Solutions - Structured division of Moody's Analytics creates award winning software, comprehensive datasets and transparent models for the securitization market. Our platform is widely recognized for its unique abilities to support detailed analysis of the most sophisticated structured debt products. Our clients vary from regional banks to Tier I investment banks to hedge funds who structure, manage, and invest in the structured finance market. Our data content reflects past performance of transactions as well as models of the structural rules (waterfalls) governing them. Our analytic models allow customers to analyse the performance of these securities for pricing, trading, and risk management purposes. Our teams in South San Francisco, New York, London, and Tokyo support over 100 clients globally.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in computer science or a related field
- 5+ years of quality engineering testing experience in a web application environment Testing User Interfaces, backend database, Web services and API's.
- 3+ years of experience testing web APIs/REST services, REST API test automation
- 2+ years of experience working with XML/JSON formats
- 3+ years of hands - on scripting / coding experience in Java automation testing tools such as Selenium, Cucumber, Jmeter, Chimp other similar tools which uses object oriented programs
- Working knowledge and understanding of Oracle PL/SQL
- Knowledge of ElasticSearch and ability to write ES queries
- Understanding of Web-based technology architecture and data structures
- Knowledge of Excel/VBA is a plus
- Good understanding of the QA processes, methodologies and Software Testing Lifecycle
- Ability to work under pressure handling multiple projects concurrently to meet tight deadlines within the constructs of an agile process, including SCRUM, Continuous Build and Integration, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Critical thinking skills to analyse system requirements for ambiguities and discrepancies
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.