Sr. Software Engineer
Job Description In this role you will be a member of the Moody's Analytics' team creating and supporting some of the industry's leading software solutions for the structured finance industry. You will be involved in all aspects of SDLC, working directly with key business stakeholders to build and support key SAV applications.
• Brainstorm, design and develop an enterprise software product.
• Design and implement re-usable software components.
• Ensure the product is highly configurable and extensible.
• Work collaboratively with a core team of architects and developers spread across
• Get involved in full-stack development.
• Create technical design documents and present the details to a larger audience.
• Participate in architecture and design reviews for projects that require complex
• Develop reusable frameworks/components and POCs to accelerate development on
• Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design
• Experience with object oriented/functional programming languages like Java, Go, Scala, Python, etc.
• Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems internals (e.g., filesystems, system calls) and administration or networking (e.g., routing, ESDN).
• Experience with AWS cloud services such as EC2, EMR, RDS, S3 is a plus
• Experience with containers technologies: docker, kubernetes, etc
• Strong debugging, analytical and problem solving abilities.
• Ability to learn quickly and work independently.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- The ideal candidate has a strong DevOps profile, comfortable with designing, analyzing and troubleshooting complex distributed systems.
- You care about quality and you know what it means to write high quality code.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.