Associate I Software Engineer
Duties & accountabilities
- Ownership of the implementation (estimation, breakdown of tasks) for business functional specifications through the full software development lifecycle.
- Ownership of maintenance and support issues as they come up during the project lifecycle pre and post go-live. Provide technical assistance to other teams - support, QA, business analysis.
- Ability to work with remote team in a geographically distributed development model.
- Evaluate, apply & adoption of new technologies and tools within the Development team and across the organization to provide productivity, efficiency and scalability benefits.
- Collaborate and share technical and business knowledge to members of the Development and wider organization.
- Agent of constant improvement - within development and across organization.
What You Need to Get the Job Done
Education and experience
B.A/ M.A/degree in an IT/ Computer Science or related course is a prerequisite
Strong inter-personal skills required. Ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Demonstrates ability to implement new web service clients (bottom-up and top-down approaches) and compose/use other web services.
- Diagnosis skills & knowledge of refactoring techniques is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Unit testing using JUNIT, TestNG, Cactus or mock objects
- Working knowledge of branching and code management
- Demonstrates ability to use an IDE.
- Knowledge of Agile development methodology
- Aware of Test-Driven Development & Continuous Integration
Proven communication skills, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of development best practices are critical to successful performance in this role
Ability to collaborate in a team environment. Experience in Agile development methodology is preferred.IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.