Business Analyst III
The Role: Oracle ERP Business Analyst The Location:
Charlottesville/Richmond, VA; Centennial/Boulder, CO; Virtual-NAM The Grade: 10, for internal use only The Team:
The Digital Commercial and Finance team is responsible for the management and improvements of the Business Applications that drive S&P Global. Our team leads many internal applications like Oracle, Salesforce, Order to Cash, Order Fulfillment, Reporting and Workflow tools. You will have the opportunity every single day to work with people from a wide variety of backgrounds and to develop a close team dynamic with coworkers from around the globe. The Impact:
You will work alongside a Systems Architect and other Oracle ERP team members. You will use your skills and experience to help improve our platform. You will be involved in strategic planning and execution that will include working in all areas of Oracle as we undertake a major transition to the cloud. What's in it for you:
Would you like the opportunity to work on a team that will craft the future of the company's Oracle infrastructure? You enjoy working to break down and solve complex problems by creating practical, maintainable, and scalable solutions. You're a great person that willingly collaborates, listens, and cares about your peers. This position will enable you to interact with an Agile team of in-house technical professionals from around the world. We are in search of a highly motivated Project Manager / Business Analyst who is excited about utilizing their technical project management skills to lead projects from conception to completion in an Agile environment across multiple Agile teams. Responsibilities:
- Manage projects for Oracle implementations or customizations from an Agile perspective end-to-end
- Work closely with an Agile Scrum Master, helping to facilitate meetings including Daily Scrum, Retrospectives and meetings with other teams
- Dig in to complicated technical details surrounding software product requirements
- Work with and guide our Product Owners to fill in technical gaps in requirements
- Eliminate impediments which are beyond the teams responsibilities to protect the team so they can stay focused on their development work
- Support change management process for new improvements into production
- Identify ways to better utilize Oracle for business process, and make recommendations on improvements
- Build a high-performing team which includes continuous improvement of the team dynamics and performance.
About Company Statement: S&P Global Corporate
- 1-3 years of experience with the Oracle ERP, including experience as a business analyst in a technical environment
- BA/BS in a relevant field (finance, business or technology) or experience, with understanding of the financial services industry
- Strong Critical Thinking and analytical skills
- Deep knowledge of and passion for Agile/Scrum including Agile metrics and reporting techniques
- Communication skills (presentational, active listening, ability to build consensus, and support across functions and at all levels)
- Ability to clearly bring together and document software requirements
- Experience working effectively in a dynamic development environment within large, global teams
- You will be able to resolve conflict through arbitration, negotiation, reasoned discussion, or critical issue
- Aptitude for nurturing self-organizing, high performing teams via servant leadership, individual coaching and mentoring
At S&P Global, we don't give you intelligence-we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We're the world's foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include S&P Global Ratings, S&P Global Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices and S&P Global Platts. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
257969 Posted On:
Charlottesville, Virginia, United States