FinTech Product Specialist
Fintech Product Specialist
IHS Markit is a dynamic organization, bringing some of the brightest minds from all over the world together. At Markit Digital, we design, develop, and host data rich, full featured, and high traffic web and mobile applications for financial institutions, brokerages, and media clients from all over the world. Position Summary
Entrepreneurial, results-driven and tech-savvy Product Specialist needed to join our Financial content specialist team. As a FinTech Product Specialist, you will influence the direction of our custom financial applications. This is a unique opportunity to combine your love of finance with your love of technology. This position will work with fortune 500 clients, technologists, product owners and others to shape the products. The ideal candidate has strong analytics/fact-based decision-making, excellent communication skills and a demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks. Duties & Accountabilities
- Contributing member to multiple project teams responsible for defining and writing functional financial data requirements, including preparing calculation requirements
- Function as a stakeholder for multiple capabilities, as well as, influence and guide external stakeholders
- Evaluate new digital investing solutions/modules for possible inclusion in the product roadmap
- Analyze the use of alternative data to enhance existing modules
- Develop financial content using internal natural language generation tools.
- A Bachelor's degree in Finance with an analytical or quantitative focus and 1-2 years of applicable experience
- Progress towards CFA or CMT designation a plus
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities, along with an ability to collaborate cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with third party data providers, understand specification documents and communicate requirements to Engineering teams
- Utilize SQL skills and using your understanding of relational database to query and analyze vendor and client data
- Ability to use moderate/advanced Excel skills (pivot table, v look-up, etc.)
- Experience with programing (i.e. Python, R, Visual Basic, SQL, etc.)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Critical thinking and creative problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work cooperatively with cross-functional teams
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Strong knowledge of math and statistics
- Comprehensive Health and Well-being benefits
- Earn 15 vacation days annually to start
- 401k Retirement saving plan, with employer matching
- Three volunteer days awarded annual to volunteer within the community
- Free Bus pass
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.