Engineer II, Software Development, Application Operations
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Part of a production support group that helps triage and troubleshoot application related issues for critical business applications.
• Support infrastructure running on AWS built using Ansible code.
• Makes updates to Ansible code to further automate the infrastructure management.
• Work with infrastructure team to triage Major Incidents. Infrastructure for applications that run on AWS.
• Work with/support business users to understand issues, develop root cause analysis and work with the product team for the development of enhancements/fixes.
• Become an integral part of a high performing global network of engineers/developers working from Denver, New York, London, Singapore and India to help ensure 24x7 reliability for critical business applications.
• As part of a global team of engineers/developers, deliver continuous high reliability to our technology services.
• Support deployment and patching activities for applications.
• Strong focus towards developing permanent fixes to issues and heavy automation of manual tasks.
• Provide technical guidance to junior level resources.
• Works on analyzing/researching alternative solutions and developing/implementing recommendations accordingly.
• 5+ years of IT Experience
• 3+ years agile application development and support experience
• 2+ years of experience as a Site Reliability Engineer or similar role
• Hands on experience in Java, Oracle, Unix/Linux
• Computer Science or related degree
• Hands on experience in Web Services (mainly REST), MQs, Tomcat, Apache, WebLogic
• Strong working experience with AWS
• Strong working experience with Ansible.
• DevOps knowledge, majorly with Maven/GIT/Jenkins/Ansible/Python
• Knowledge of Shell scripting
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Experience in maintaining focus and driving results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• A strong background interfacing with multiple groups; ability to coordinate effectively, multi-task and manage pressure.
• Proven ability to work using different styles as needed to accommodate the situations encountered.
• Experience in assessing change impacts and the development of task estimates.
• Strong analytic, problem solving and decision-making skills.
• ITIL v3 certification
• Flexibility to work in shifts, including occasional weekend rotation
• Experience working in a Production Support team
Bachelors' degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering is required, or in lieu, a demonstrated equivalence in work experience.