Manager, Software Development Engineer in Test
- Centennial, CO, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 19 Mar 19
Manager, Software Development Engineer in Test
The Role: Manager II, Software Development Engineer in Testing
The Location: Charlottesville or Richmond, VA
The Grade (For Internal Use): 11
The Quality Engineering team works in partnership with other Technology Functions and the Business to ensure quality delivery of our products. The team works in an Agile environment and is located globally. The team is independent in driving all decisions and is responsible for continuously improving customer experience, revenue growth and operations enablement through quick turn-around of development of our products with high quality.
As a Manager SDET, you will make a key contribution in implementing solutions to test applications across Web/Windows/Mobile/API/Services platforms and framing efficient data comparison methods. Your challenge will be reducing the "time to market" for products without compromising quality, by leveraging automation and innovation. You will use a wide range of technologies and have the opportunity to interact with different internal teams.
What's in it for you:
- Working with a team of highly skilled, ambitious and result-oriented professionals.
- Using a wide range of cutting-edge technology to innovate while testing.
- An ever-challenging environment to hone your existing skills in Automation, performance service layer testing, SQL scripting etc.
- A great opportunity to think and execute like a developer while performing the role of QA.
- Being a part of an organization which values 'Culture of Urgency' and 'Shift Left' approaches.
- A plenty of skill building, knowledge sharing, and innovation opportunities.
- Building a fulfilling career with a global financial technology company.
- Responsible for implementation of efficient automation/performance frameworks, including test tools and automated test suites that govern whole development cycle for any of our product platforms, based on different Web, Services/APIs and database technologies.
- Development of automation/performance solutions that meet organization standards and implementation of reliable, reusable and maintainable automated regression suites & test harnesses
- Analyze product requirements and ensure the testing strategy is aligning a risk-based test approach, mitigating risk exposure within all phases of testing
- Advocate for quality, be the voice of the internal/external customer. Ensuring the teams (Scrum Teams) implement and follow best practices to prevent defects.
- Implement improvements, which may require ingenuity and creativity, within quality assurance program and operational systems with measurable quality indicators of the product
- Build and maintain status reports to highlight the state of releases, testing projects, impacts/concerns, etc.
- Work on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of various factors
- Presenting an aggregate view of testing utilization to high level management. Budgeting or forecasting for testing as a service in-line with the organizational processes and business needs
- Facilitation of inter-team communication across many agile projects within an organization. Being an escalation point for testers.
- Providing technical expertise, e.g. proper use of test techniques in appropriate cases
- Recruitment of Quality Engineers and ensuring retention of top-talent. Goal setting, monitoring the progress and providing constructive feedback to the direct reports```````````````````
- Personal support, mentoring, and professional development for SDET team
What We're Looking For:
- 6-8 years of experience in software testing and test automation, with solid, demonstrable understanding of software development and testing practices.
- 2+ years of experience in leading QA/testing projects
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Proficiency in programming using Python/C#/Java or other languages
- Expertise in designing and implementing automated testing solutions for enterprise applications across the application layers (UI/Service/Data layers) and working with developers in building automation/performance friendly code/components
- Strong knowledge of RDBMS and SQL/PL-SQL, writing queries, stored procedures and scripts
- Experience of BDD/TDD practices and automation/performance in Agile methodology is highly desirable
- Experience of working with SOAP and REST service and understanding of SOA architecture
- Experience of testing in CI, DevOps, rolling deployment/upgrade model using well known frameworks is desirable
- Knowledge of cloud technologies like AWS/Azure and experience of testing micro-services, containers, dockers is a plus
- Experience of distributed source control systems such as Git
- Expertise in developing test strategy, test plans and test cases, engaging in Exploratory Testing, creating and analyzing Defect Reports and root-cause analysis
- Experience in identifying performance/load/stress testing needs and planning, using testing tools and analysis of metrics
- Experience in performance testing tools like HP LoadRunner/Performance Center/StormRunner, JMeter.
- Experience with debugging tools like: Dev Tools, Network Sniffer, Fiddler etc.
- Experience in monitoring, profiling and tuning tools e.g. CA Wily Introscope, AppDynamics etc.
- Demonstrate ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent communications skills with ability to manage pressure situations and coordinating with technical/non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to solve complex, non-routine problems and the provide the best solution through cost/benefit analysis
- Ability to self-train him/herself on new tools and technologies related to Software Testing and apply at work.
- Bachelor's or higher qualification in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent is preferred