Product Specialist, Enterprise Technical Engineering
- Centennial, CO, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 25 May 19
Product Specialist, Enterprise Technical Engineering
The Role: Technical Product Specialist, Enterprise Technical Engineering
The Location: Charlottesville VA or Centennial CO (preferred)
The Grade: (for internal use only) G9
This program/position is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States
S&P Global Market Intelligence is seeking an expert Product Specialist to join our global Enterprise Technical Engineering team. This team partners with global Product Specialists, Datafeed Application Specialists, Content Specialists, Product Management, Product Development and Sales Teams to provide quality technical assistance to our external Enterprise Data Delivery Solutions customers and new prospects.
You will contribute to customers, the team and company in meaningful ways. You will be integrated into a group with high expectations, focus on quality user experiences and can expect to make a significant impact by demonstrating your technical knowledge and skills. Your position as a Technical Product Specialist is critical as it is the link between the end-user and our Enterprise Data Delivery Products/Solutions. Combining expertise in our product and content offerings with a deep understanding of our customer profiles and target markets, you will act as a consultant providing the best and most efficient ways for our customers to use our tools to achieve quality results integrating our data into their internal critical operational workflows and data environments.
What's in it for you?
- Build a career with a global company
- Partner with product sales colleagues and customers as a technical sales consultant
- Interact directly with clients and resolve challenging technical issues
- Learn the global financial markets and related content workflow needs
- Grow and improve your skills by working on enterprise level products and new technologies
- Experience different challenges daily
- Be a product specialist for our Web-Service API solutions and provide in-depth technical assistance to clients
- Gain in-depth knowledge of products from a content and delivery standpoint, and assist with pre and post Sales' opportunities
- Bring new ideas for innovation and automation excellence into the technical support process and build tools that will help replicate, troubleshoot and resolve client issues
- Research and gain knowledge on the rapidly evolving product offerings
- Assess the technical environment dynamics within client sites that may impact product behavior and/or performance
- Involved in product strategy, roadmaps and user-acceptance testing
- Be the voice of the customers for product enhancements
What We're Looking For:
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation)
- Proven technical troubleshooting and problem solving skills, resourcefulness, attention to detail, quality and follow-through
- Technical product support or technical sales experience
- Confident and energized leading client-facing technical sales discussions and performing client-facing technical product/solutions demonstrations
- Experience with Web-Services APIs:
- RESTful APIs/Web-Services (REST/JSON)
- HTTP messages (headers, body, response codes, commands, arguments, etc.)
- Web authentication schemes (basic, cookie, oAuth, token, etc.)
- Experience making API service requests, rendering & integrating results using API client libraries, oData and/or RESTful service endpoints
- Web-Service prototyping tools (Postman, Advanced REST Client (ARC), etc.)
- Familiar with open source web technologies & tools
- Self-starter with ability to keep pace with rapid changes in evolving technologies
Highly Desired Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Finance related experience or degree
- Capital markets (financial, credit, trading, benchmarks/indexes, industries, etc.)
- Experience with oAuth & oData Web Services a PLUS
- Product strategy and product development lifecycles (agile/scrum)
- Web Services/Architecture (SOA, PAAS, URL/URI, REST, WSDL, etc.)
- Environment knowledge related to proxies, network and/or security
- Relational database knowledge and SQL query skills
- Cloud Environments (AWS, MS and/or Google)
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.