Head of Low Carbon Markets (Footprints) Analytics
London, Denver, or Houston Grade
: 12 ( for internal purposes only ) The Role:
Platts Analytics is seeking a leader for our Low Carbon Market Footprints analytics practice, which focuses on the carbon intensity of oil and gas production and life cycle, the market impacts associated with the carbon intensity of oil and gas, and the linkages between the oil and gas market and carbon credit market, as well as the certification of low carbon oil and gas commodities and/or offsets.
This complex role is at the forefront of Platts' objective to bring transparency to new segments of an oil and gas market seeking to decarbonize. The leader will manage a team of up to six analysts located across global regions, tasked with daily market research and developing and maintaining of a suite of new analytical offerings. The Impact:
This is a key role for Platts as it is focused on delivering on the promise of a brand new area of coverage that is of key importance to the future of energy markets as well as having a high degree of impact on the broader world. It involves driving transparency in the oil and gas markets that are rapidly seeking to reduce and offset greenhouse gas emissions in all corners of the market. This role is crucial to assisting oil and gas market participants navigate the Energy Transition and the numerous risks and opportunities associated with the transition to a less carbon-intensive oil and gas market. While focus will be primarily on oil and gas there will be opportunity to look at the carbon footprint of other energy supply chains as the role develops in particular comparing the carbon footprint of coal and new low carbon sources of energy. The Career Opportunity:
To work at the forefront of an historical shift in oil and gas markets by driving industry-leading analysis and insights and to work from the core of Platts' Energy Transition initiatives which bring transparency to new segments of global energy markets. The role is uniquely positioned to collaborate with various groups within Platts including analytics, pricing, strategy, commercial, market engagement, and product development. The Team / The Business:
You will work with a highly motivated and innovative team of analysts who share the common goals of driving transparency in new or opaque markets and creating actionable solutions for our customers. You will work with a global team in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment.
The low carbon markets analysis team will work with quantitative modelers to establish appropriate analytical methodology, with Platts' core price group to support price assessments, and with commercial and market engagement teams to ensure maximum value delivery to stakeholders. The team is on the cutting edge of market knowledge, monitoring all latest developments in the end to end footprints of low carbon markets including company objective and technology implementation (in particular including CCUS), evolving regulatory environments, and increasingly available datasets. The team delivers analysis and insights to market participants though several mediums including periodic and special reports, data visualization platforms, conferences and events, and other customer engagement forums. Responsibilities:
Knowledge & Skills:
- Build a high performing team and create bench strength
- Coach, mentor and develop individual members of the team to maximise their potential as well as creating a strong, collaborative team culture.
- Provide thought leadership into the development of low carbon markets including measurement and monitoring end to end footprint, developing market mechanisms, and leveraging technology and offsets to mitigate footprints.
- Lead research agenda, articulate key themes and insights; drive high quality output via research reports and analytical insights
- Identify data needed to track and monitor the carbon footprint of the Energy Industry
- Work with other Analytics teams, as well as the data/modelling teams, to ensure alignment of assumptions and analysis approaches
- Present and articulate expertise and thought leadership through a variety of media including but not limited to podcasts, webinars, video, TV, conference and forum speaking engagements
- Coordinate Analytics and Product Management teams to develop and execute on Go-To-Market plans for product rollout/launches.
- Work closely with the Pricing team to maintain alignment around Energy Transition offerings across the board
- Work also closely with Marketing and Sales organization to identify opportunities and agree on sales plans
- Be a "product ambassador", interacting with existing clients and market participants to present the product, while also soliciting feedback, determining industry trends/pain points and creating a product roadmap to ensure client and market needs for power and renewables content and tools are met
About Platts and S&P Global
- Proven leadership ability, demonstrating strong coaching skills and the ability to develop individuals, promoting team collaboration as well as personal accountability
- Strong experience in low carbon (oil and gas) analysis globally and tracking energy markets end to end footprint. Additional experience offset markets, abatement technology and in particular CCUS, would be advantageous
- Proven management skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate across a wide range of groups and personalities internally and externally
- Strong customer mind set with demonstrated ability to engage directly and honestly with customers on all issues and deliver positive experience by creating a partnership mentality
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience handling and visualizing large data sets would be preferred
- Experience in project management a plus, preferably at a utility, commodity information, energy, or financial technology company
Platts is a premier source of benchmark price assessments and commodities intelligence. At Platts, the content you generate and the relationships you build are essential to the energy, petrochemicals, metals and agricultural markets.
Learn more at https://www.platts.com/ S&P Global
includes Ratings, Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices and Platts. Together, we're the foremost providers of essential intelligence for the capital and commodities markets.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
To all recruitment agencies : S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related such resumes.
103 - Middle Management (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 10 - Officials or Managers (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), ANLYTC103.2 - Middle Management Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
258595 Posted On:
London, United Kingdom