QA Engineer - BlackRock
- Not Specified
- Denver, CO, USA Denver CO US
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Jun 18 2018-06-19
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Blackrock is seeking test engineers interested in designing and implementing innovative software testing solutions to support software development lifecycle of critical applications.
We are looking for QA Engineers who are passionate about developing robust test automation to increase reliability of software releases and are motivated to instill (or drive adoption of) best practices in code health, testing and maintainability across the firm. In addition to automation, role will be responsible for development, support and execution of both functional and UAT test plans. Candidate is responsible for complete end to end testing during the final phase of development.
This role will be responsible for testing core applications which are unique to the technology required to expand the technology “pipes” which will move BlackRock forward as a leader in financial technology. Candidate will be responsible for implementing global testing standards while driving innovation in test automation strategy and methodology.
The candidate will work as part of the project, development and quality assurance teams supporting quality engineering activities across multiple platforms.
- Lead/collaborate on improving development team's test coverage, release velocity and production health
- Work closely with development teams in building comprehensive coverage and quality
- Hands-on ability to automate repeated tasks and build test coverage through existing or new infrastructure
- Write moderately complex code/scripts to test systems, implementing test harnesses and infrastructure as necessary
- Collaborate on test strategy by reviewing functional requirements and design specifications.
- Develop and execute test cases to fully exercise functionality developed as part of new release, defect remediation and application enhancements.
- Develop, own and maintain test suites for critical applications.
- Apply expertise in Java, Python, Robot, Selenium or other test frameworks to design, develop and maintain automated test scripts.
- Interface and liaise with global testing, development and business teams.
- Effectively communicate testing metrics, progress, schedules and issues impacting delivery.
- Collaborate with other teams (Development, Quality Assurance, Operations) to determine possible solutions for particular problems and issues
- 3+ years of industry experience in software quality assurance. Financial sector preferred.
- Experience with test management and defect tracking systems (ALM, JIRA. TFS etc.)
- Experience with Selenium, Robot, TestNG, SoapUI or other test frameworks.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, ability to think creatively.
- Experience with Java-based applications and Web services (REST, SOAP, HTTP/s TCP/IP.)
- Experience troubleshooting applications running on Unix/Linux platforms.
- Familiar with software versioning system (TFS)
- Strong SQL skills and exposure to relational databases
- Strong teamwork and time management abilities.
- Financial knowledge and interest
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Testing experience on web applications developed using newer frameworks like Angular and React
- Exposure to Unit testing concepts (Junit, Karma JS)
- Exposure/Experience with UAT test planning and execution
- Experience with continuous Integration and associated tools and processes
- Experience testing SOAP/REST based API interfaces
- Experience with performance testing
- Experience with security testing tools/understanding of standard security vulnerabilities.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.