Senior Project Manager, VP - Cachematrix
- Not Specified
- Denver, CO, USA Denver CO US
- Permanent, Full time
- 13 Sep 18 2018-09-13
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
The Cachematrix team at BlackRock is looking for a Project Manager to deliver client solutions for its product line.
Cachematrix was created with a single goal in mind: to create a better way for companies to manage liquidity. We believed that cash management didn’t need to be time consuming or complicated, so in 2003 we developed a groundbreaking technology platform to simplify cash management.
- The primary function of the Senior Project Manager is to drive end-to-end delivery of our product solution while maximizing project quality, increasing client satisfaction, and ensuring an on-time delivery.
- This person will oversee all aspects of multiple implementation projects and assist the client in managing the program of projects.
- The ideal candidate will self-motivate, organize well, pay attention to detail, multi-task, work independently and have a passion to learn. This role requires many soft leadership skills as the Senior Project Manager must successfully negotiate timing and deliverables across the entire organization.
- Manage one or more concurrent software development/implementation projects
- Oversee initiatives from inception to deployment
- Provide project management leadership to assigned initiatives including – but not limited to – appropriate documentation, project plans, scope, timelines, goals, budget adherence, issues, and risks
- Create and maintain a project schedule
- Track tasks and milestones
- Maintain project documentation
- Provide ongoing communication regarding project status and issues to stakeholders
- Identify and manage scope
- Organize testing/bug fix efforts and assist with testing when needed
- Support sales team in introducing products to prospective clients
- Customize and configure existing software for demonstrations
- Serve as a product subject matter expert
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Professional personal presentation
- Willingness to learn new things and assist others
- Proficiency in MS Project, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required; intermediate proficiency in Visio is preferred
- Assumes additional responsibilities, serves on task groups and committees, and/or performs other duties as requested or assigned
- Ability to travel once a quarter to client site
- 5-10 years of project management experience preferred
- Previous interaction with all levels of clients (executives, project sponsors, client project managers, developers and subject matter experts) required
- Experience in an Information Technology or Software Development environment required
- Previous employment in financial services preferred
- Any experience as a Tester and/or Business Analyst is preferred
Minimum Education, Training and Certifications:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required
- PMP Certification is preferred
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
- PC usage up to 100% of the time.
- Basic office equipment such as telephone, copier, and fax machines, etc.
- May be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and may include weekend/evening/holiday hours.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.