Associate Director of User Research
Associate Director of User Research
This is an exciting opportunity to join a very experienced team that is poised to create and provide leading edge software products across a host of industries. Our colleagues on this team are in highly visible roles with significant ability to make an impact.
What the successful candidate will do:
Initiates, conducts and analyzes research inquiries specific to users of complex enterprise software. Analysis and communication of findings to designers and business stakeholders. Maintains and contributes to the body of research knowledge covering all aspects of SHC projects.
- Identifies opportunities where research can provide information and direction on a project or design issue
- Gathers and documents research goals and identifies the most effective and appropriate techniques for satisfying those goals and answering the relevant research questions
- Produces materials required for conducting the research project, e.g., test plans, facilitator scripts, participant task scenarios, questionnaires, surveys, etc., and ensures that the relevant test artifacts are available for the study in a timely manner
- Defines participant requirements, writes recruitment screener, and oversees (or conducts) the recruitment process
- Conducts the study (or assists a more senior researcher) and captures participant feedback by notes or video or both
- Analyzes study results, creates a report of findings in a timely manner and presents these findings to the project team
- Partners with UXA to synthesize data into design requirements
- Ensures that all study findings are documented, distributed, and archived
- Partners with UXA leads to determine methods, scheduling, and execution of Discovery efforts for new products and ongoing efforts towards existing products.
- Contributes to the methods, process, and consumption of research standards at IHS Markit
What you should bring:
College Degree in HCI, Usability, Research, or equivalent experience
Strong knowledge of UCD and a range of research methodologies
Work Conditions, and an understanding of UX/UI principles and best practices.
- Location may vary according to project goals: usability lab, office environment, in-store, etc.
- Occasional overtime and weekend work required
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.