Client Services/Customer Support Analyst
A career path responsible for receiving and resolving phone and email inquiries from customers. Includes basic inquires associated with customer access and entitlement, general product questions, basic billing and invoicing, some order placement. Primarily, work is done from office. Responsible for escalating to Tier 2 customer care or other teams as necessary. General Job Duties:
• Resolve basic customer phone and email inquiries
• Gathers information and escalates to Tier 2 or other teams as necessary
• Utilize Customer Care and IHS systems to open, manage and resolve inquiries Specific Job Duties:
• Works under general supervision within a team
• Requires limited independent decision making
• Follows clearly defined, practices and Standardized Operating Procedures (SOPs)
• Handles most basic internal/external queries across a range of products
• May have more detailed knowledge of one or more product disciplines
• Broad knowledge of internal customer facing processes Required Education:
• Completion of secondary/ high school or equivalent Required Experience:
• 1-2 years of customer care experience Other Skills:
• Experience in a support desk environment or an inbound/outbound high volume call center is an asset
• Demonstrated problem solving skills
• Organized and detail oriented, with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form
• Experience with web navigation and proficient skills in Microsoft Office
• Previous experience using WebEx software and customer relationship management tools is and an asset
• Previous experience in a technical customer care environment preferred
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.