Sr SQA Automation Engineer
At IHS Markit, we are building a software solution that connects data in revolutionary ways, illuminating answers that were previously impossible to find and empowering our clients to envision
the future, so they can determine the best course of action in the present. We are disrupting the current digital transformation landscape with state-of-the-art AI developed by a passionate team explore and push the boundaries of digital transformation technologies.
Our development team architect and design high-availability, scalable, and fault tolerant systems that are decoupled and easy-to-maintain. A core part of our development philosophy revolves around Microservices and the DevOps model. All our new products are developed using a microservice architecture, are containerized, and are then deployed on container management systems such as Kubernetes. The members on our teams subscribe to a DevOps model where time-to-market functions as a vital measure of our performance, productivity, and success. We are committed to stay ahead of the curve and we are always looking at new technologies that can enhance our product offerings.
- Guides the planning, creation and execution of tests both manual and automated tests using test automation tools. Understands the concepts behind and when to do automation.
- Experience defining and executing test plans & test cases and reporting results.
- Ability to write clear and concise bug tickets using defect/ticket tracking systems Must be able to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Has demonstrated test engineer capabilities works well with other departments - Dev/PM/Product Owner.
- Demonstrates a sense of ownership and are proactive in terms of advancing our automation capabilities and process.
- Expertise testing web applications (.Net, Java, AngularJS, Node.js)
- Experience writing automation scripts using Protractor for AngularJS apps or modern Single-Page-Applications. Or Selenium. This position is for someone who can write/execute both automation and manual Test Scripts/Cases
- Experience in working with an Agile software development team.
- Experience with IDE (IntelliJ, WebStorm, Eclipse, Visual Studio)
- Experience with bug tracking system (Azure Devops)
- Experience with Performance and load testing (CloudTest, Cloud Testing using ADOPS)
- Highly collaborative - an affinity for solving complex problems through dialog with team members.
- Innovation - the courage to challenge prevailing assumptions and suggest better ways of doing things to achieve business value.
- Experience with other programming languages and frameworks would be advantageous.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a globally distributed software development team.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience.
- Professional certification as warranted.
- 4+ years of relevant working experience in Software Quality Testing.
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.