Associate, Finance or Accounting
- Greenwich, CT, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- AMG Funds
- 22 Sep 17
Job Title: Associate, Mutual Fund Accounting Reports to: Mutual Fund Accounting Manager Department: Mutual Fund Services Location: Greenwich, CT JOB SUMMARY: Assist with Mutual Fund treasury and financial reporting activities; including expense budgeting, reviewing regulatory and shareholder reporting and oversight of the nightly fund pricing. Duties also include activities related to creating and maintaining various reports to the Board of Trustees, subadvisors, and management.
- Calculate/review expense payments, allocate invoices to various funds and review expense authorizations.
- Review journal entries, expense worksheets and budgets.
- Review fund records and reconcile expense payments and accruals.
- Liaison with the Corporate Accounting and Business Finance teams to ensure the accuracy of the payments and accruals of management and subadviser fees.
- Review Regulatory filings including semi-annual and annual shareholder reports and Form N-1A (prospectus and SAI updates).
- Assist in the coordination of the funds’ annual audits.
- Responsible for ASU 820 leveling for financial statements.
- Review security pricing against second sources, especially with respect to fixed income and derivatives.
- Review nightly pricing of the funds’ NAV.
- Perform other administrative tasks and projects as needed.
- File reports, supporting documents and electronic filings as needed in an orderly manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Detail oriented, organized, ability to plan/prioritize and take initiative
- Self-starter, able to work independently.
- Demonstrates problem solving abilities and include the appropriate people in the decision making process regarding exceptions and errors.
- Supports Company values and treats others with respect and consideration.
- Communicates effectively with colleagues and Service Providers.
- Works productively in a team environment.
- Excels in a fast-paced environment while meeting deadlines and executing responsibilities with minimal errors.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (specifically Excel) and able to learn and use other programs and systems including Bloomberg and DRAS
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required.
- 0-2 years’ experience, recent college graduates considered.
AMG Funds provides access to many of Affiliated Managers Group’s (AMG) boutique investment Affiliates through our family of mutual funds, separately managed accounts and asset-allocation products. In addition, we oversee and distribute a number of complementary open-architecture mutual funds subadvised by unaffiliated investment managers. This broad combination of investment products allows us to serve the needs of the financial advisor community and their clients. With AMG Funds, you can rely on our distinctive array of actively managed, return-oriented investment strategies to help your clients achieve their long-term investing goals.
AMG Funds LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary and the U.S. retail distribution arm of Affiliated Managers Group, Inc. AMG is a global asset management company with investments in leading boutique investment management firms. For over 20 years, AMG has partnered with these firms using direct equity ownership.