Help Desk / Service Desk Specialist
- Greenwich, CT, USA Greenwich CT US
- Permanent, Full time
- Interactive Brokers
- 22 Apr 18 2018-04-22
Help Desk / Service Desk Specialist
Interactive Brokers LLC, a subsidiary of Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a direct access electronic broker catering to the needs of professional and frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors, and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 120 market centers in 26 countries from a single account. We are the lowest cost provider of brokerage services and the largest U.S. electronic broker based on daily average revenue trades executing over 800,000 trades per day.[i] Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
[i] Figures as of January 1, 2018. Information on the company can be found at www.interactivebrokers.com
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Deploy PCs, laptops, thin clients, monitors and other peripherals (travel between two office locations within Greenwich, CT, may be required).
- Provide onsite and remote assistance to IB users via phone, email and remote control software.
- Track AD / Email / System user account creation, changes and deletions and password resets for IB users.
- Log and track calls using the Ticketing System, maintain approval history records and document problem resolutions.
- Develop an End-User Computing (EUC) knowledge management database.
- Provide basic user support and configuration of Avaya phones and video conferencing & presentation applications such as WebEx, Skype, etc.
- Provide basic support on Apple / Android tablets and smart phones as it relates to IB business.
- Perform hardware & software inventory and produce management reports.
- Provide IB new hires with required technologies and perform IT onboarding processes.
- Provide non-technical assistance on an ad-hoc basis (e.g., procurement of IT equipment and supplies, and providing other office service equipment).
- As a local US help desk liaison in the global Windows infrastructure team, interact with Windows Engineering personnel in other domestic and international IB offices.
- Technical knowledge of Windows 7 & 10 operating systems.
- Technical knowledge of Windows Active Directory & Group Policy.
- Technical knowledge of the Microsoft Office application suite. (Proficiency with MS Excel highly desired.)
- Familiarity with native and third-party Windows Remote Control tools.
- Familiarity with command-line tools and batch processing.
- Strong customer service and professional client-facing skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely on the phone and in person.
- Advanced IT troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills and ability to meet project deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of the IB global Windows team.
- Excellent skills in identifying and diagnosing technical problems, escalating and routing issues, recommending and implementing solutions to correct repetitive common issues.
- Ability to professionally communicate with Infrastructure staff and maintain strong working relationships with other IT functions to ensure problem resolution and ticket tracking.
- A minimum of 1-3 years of desired experience in a global financial organization (e.g., Investment Management, Banking, Financial Technology Services).
The key competencies include intermediate knowledge of Windows and networking technologies with a strong motivation to advance your skills. You need to have patience with those who are less technically savvy, and ability to function in a fast-paced business environment with a high sense of urgency. Additional requirements for this role are reliability, dependability and willingness to go above and beyond the call of duty in assisting end-users and resolving their technical issues.