IT Help Desk Technician
Join the INTERACTIVE BROKERS Team! Interactive Brokers has been at the forefront of the Fintech space for over 40 years and we pride ourselves on being a technology company. We continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features all for the lowest cost to our customers. IT Help Desk Technician
We are looking for a competent IT Help Desk Technician, under the general supervision of the IT Help Desk Supervisor. The IT Help Desk Technician is responsible for ensuring that the Help Desk operates as a highly professional service. The IT Help Desk Technician must have good technical knowledge and be able to communicate effectively to understand the problem and explains its solution. You must be customer-oriented and patient to deal with internal customers. The goal is to create value for internal customers that will help resolve issues quickly Daily Duties Include:
Key Technical Skills & Competencies:
- Serve as the first point of contact for internal customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email.
- Ensure that requests from users are properly triaged, logged, assigned and responded in a timely manner.
- Follow-up with the clients on the status of their requests
- Understanding of network issues related to end user problems.
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
- Telephony system administration, voicemail and recording management
- Video and audio-conferencing management and implementation
- White glove executive support
- Manage hardware deployments (Racking, Stacking, Cabling and Labeling)
- Troubleshooting basic hardware and software problems for various desktops, laptops, printers, and network devices in a mixed platform of various operating systems. (Windows, Mac and Unix)
- Perform other related administrative functions and duties as may be required
- Inventory and asset management of networking devices.
- Train junior members of the team as a backup to the aforementioned responsibilities.
- CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Administrator)
- Must have 3-7 years system administration knowledge of Microsoft and Linux environments
- Must have 3-7 years Ticketing system tools experience (Such as ServiceNow, Jira, Remedy but not limited to)
- 3 years or more recent and significant experience working in a Help Desk, first level support environment.
- Must demonstrate mature interpersonal and communication skills and behaviors.
- Must have excellent organizational and multitasking skills, including the ability to meet deadlines, follow written procedures, while maintaining superior customer service at all times with all users.
- Requires the disposition and ability to adapt to ongoing changes and the adoption of new technologies in a rapidly evolving IT environment.
- Familiarity with service management frameworks strongly desired. ITIL Certification or similar, a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the OSI model.
- Must be able to create, manage and oversee telecoms and hardware troubleshooting tickets.
- Requires the ability to learn to effectively triage core applications and know when to escalate.
- Requires the ability to exercise a reasonable amount of independent judgment.
- Must support the team, share knowledge, ask questions and act continually on behalf of service improvement.
- Attend weekly team meetings and scheduled group- and firm-wide meetings.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 Lbs for hardware installation
- Good understanding of computer systems and other tech products.
- Basic network level troubleshooting/understanding.
Company Overview Interactive Broker
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonuses, and annual stock grants.
- Daily company paid lunch.
- 401k with company match.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Newly renovated offices with sit/stand desks and multi-monitor setups.
- Team outings and dinners.
a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR's premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Hungary, Estonia, Russia, India, Hong Kong, China, Japan and Australia.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info