Senior Java Software Engineer(Greenwich, CT)
Job Description and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be part of a team which is responsible for all facets of the software development project's life cycle. Responsibilities include but not limited to design, code, implementation, testing, reporting, documentation, deployment, and debug operations. The software development team is required to interface with users for requirements gathering and specification.
Positions available in the following areas:
- Brokerage platform development -- front and/or back-end, depending on experience.
- Front end: Java Swing. End-user facing trading platform.
- Back end: Core Java. Data model and transport layers. Multi-threaded/high throughput. XML.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, or related degree.
- Technically oriented, proactive, and enthusiastic, with extreme attention to detail.
- Ability to understand complex systems and offer new solutions.
- Minimum of 4 years of Java experience.
- Knowledge of core Java.
- Knowledge of Java Swing and/or strong desire to learn Java Swing.
- English written/verbal communication skills.
- Mobile software development a plus.
This position is for our New NYC office located within a seven minute walk from Grand Central for someone commuting in on the MNR. It is close to the 4, 5, 6, 7 lines (at Grand Central), E, B, D, F, M lines (Rockefeller Center Station), N, R, W lines (49th St Station).
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (IEX: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR's premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Hungary, Estonia, Russia, India, Hong Kong, China, Japan and Australia.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Curious about our what it's like to work at IBKR? Click the HERE to view a short message from current employees.
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info