Senior Systems Engineer -VMWare VDI and Virtualization
Join The INTERACTIVE BROKERS Team!
Interactive Brokers has been at the forefront of the Fintech space for over 40 years and we pride ourselves on being a technology company. We continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features all for the lowest cost to our customers. Senior Systems Engineer - VMware VDI and Virtualization
This role within the Global Windows Platform & Services team is responsible for planning, designing, automating, orchestrating and implementing the entire stack of VMware and HPE solutions in our data centers. You will be working with the on-premise VMWare infrastructure, IaaS, SaaS and software defined networking (SDN) solutions. You will need to be have expert knowledge of VMware, HPE, AWS, Microsoft Azure, and other 3 rd party cloud technologies. Daily Duties Include:
Key Technical Skills & Competencies:
- Create conceptual, logical and physical design for all VMware and cloud-based virtualization solutions.
- Gather and document business requirements, assess technical capabilities and analyze findings to translate into technology solutions.
- Perform in-depth technical research and analyze results to recommend suitable approaches for solving complex and challenging technical and integration problems.
- Responsible for the analysis, administration and support of VMware Horizon View VDI infrastructure, including thin clients and other VDI-related technologies.
- Follow policies and procedures for change, problem and incident management.
- Provide guidance to virtualization engineers and interact with IB project managers.
- Share the leading industry best practices with other team members.
- Proactively participate in L3 problem escalations and resolve desktop, server and virtualization support issues.
- Participate in the 24x7 on-call rotation and planned maintenance activities after hours and on weekends when needed.
- 8-15 years of experience designing and implementing virtual desktop environments utilizing industry standard virtualization technology.
- 8+ years designing and supporting an environment that utilizes at least 50% desktop virtualization technology for the end-user compute infrastructure.
- Preferred experience in a global financial organization (e.g., Brokerage, Trading, Investment Management).
- Expert knowledge and experience designing, deploying and managing VMware Horizon View 6.0 to 7.5. Expert knowledge of Dell PowerEdge, VxRail Hyper Converged Infrastructure (HCI) and HP ProLiant server hardware portfolio and enterprise solutions.
- Expert knowledge of VMware VSphere & Horizon View in high-availability (HA) environments.
- Expert-level technical experience with enterprise NAS / SAN storage arrays such as 3PAR, EMC, VSAN, etc.
- Expert understanding of networking concepts, LAN/WAN, DNS/DHCP, routing, switching and firewalls.
- Expert-level knowledge of enterprise data backup, recovery and replication using various enterprise solutions (Commvault, Symantec, EMC, etc.).
- Enterprise knowledge of Load Balancers, Security Certificates and Reverse proxies.
- Enterprise knowledge of hardware & software monitoring and performance tuning tools.
- Enterprise knowledge of VMware Site Recovery Manager (SRM), NSX, vRealize Operation manager and configuration and update manager.
- Experience with VB, Batch, PowerShell and other scripting languages.
- Experience with Microsoft Hyper-V / Citrix is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong customer service and professional client facing skills
- Excellent attention to detail and proven strong analytical / troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills and ability to meet project deadlines.
- Ability to learn new technologies and adopt new tools and techniques to increase automation, performance and scalability.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of the IB global Windows team.
- VMware Certifications are a strong plus (VCP6-DV and VCP7-DTM preferred) and some will be required within a year of joining IB.
- Competitive salary, annual performance based bonuses, and annual stock grants.
- Daily company paid lunch.
- 401k with company match.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Newly renovated offices with sit/stand desks and multi-monitor setups.
- Team outings and dinners.
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities.
Company Overview Interactive Brokers LLC, a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR's premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Hungary, Estonia, Russia, India, Hong Kong, China, Japan and Australia.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info