Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH) is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services, dedicated to helping the world's leading companies build stronger businesses. Headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey (U.S.). Cognizant is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 1000, and the Fortune 500 and we are among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world.
*Please note, this role is not able to offer visa transfer or sponsorship now or in the future* Location: Hartford, CT – Work will be Remote to start and flexible post COVID PRACTICE - AIA - ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE AND ANALYTICS
About AI & Analytics: Artificial intelligence (AI) and the data it collects and analyzes will soon sit at the core of all intelligent, human-centric businesses. By decoding customer needs, preferences, and behaviors, our clients can understand exactly what services, products, and experiences their consumers need. Within AI & Analytics, we work to design the future—a future in which trial-and-error business decisions have been replaced by informed choices and data-supported strategies.
By applying AI and data science, we help leading companies to prototype, refine, validate, and scale their AI and analytics products and delivery models. Cognizant's AIA practice takes insights that are buried in data, and provides businesses a clear way to transform how they source, interpret and consume their information. Our clients need flexible data structures and a streamlined data architecture that quickly turns data resources into informative, meaningful intelligence. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, develop and deliver data integration/data extraction solutions\t
- Debug data quality issues by analyzing the upstream sources and provide guidance to data integration team resolutions\t
- Work closely with support teams for code migrations and production support -- Have a hands-on approach to solving problems; when required, be able to lead-by-example-type of person in developing snippets of the code that team can use and follow\t
- Maintain and constantly refine the Production failures and escalations; be able to capture, articulate and create knowledge base of Production ETL functioning and potential points of failures\t
- Provides support to Business Partners in analyzing specific business initiatives and identifying the appropriate application system solution through integration of processes, systems and information to fulfill business objectives\t
- Coordinate with Business Partners, Technical Analysts and Developers to identify and define specifications indicate areas of system impact and continuously communicate project status and needs\t
- Coordinate with offshore team members and administer all onsite and offshore work packages
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in ETL design and development using Datastage. IBM Datastage Certification preferred but not mandatory\t
- Good conceptual knowledge on data warehouse and various methodologies\t
- Expertise in designing Datastage Parallel Jobs, Job Sequencing, Creating Parameter Sets, Environment Variables and Creating Parallel Routines, Data Cleansing and Writing Transformation expressions to derive values and remove unwanted data\t
- Efficient in identifying and finalizing the various source file formats and frequencies from different source systems\t
- In-depth experience in troubleshooting of Datastage jobs and addressing issues like performance tuning\t
- Strong SQL database skills in Teradata and other databases like Oracle, SQL Server, DB2\t
- Working knowledge in UNIX shell scripting\t
- Should be to work independently and act proactively\t
- Experience troubleshooting & solving performance-related issues.\t
- Good communication and presentation skills\t
- Excellent analytical and technical skills with experience working in onsite, offshore model\t
- Experience with Agile Methodology
Cognizant is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. Cognizant is committed to ensuring that all current and prospective associates are afforded equal opportunities and treatment and a work environment free of harassment.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.