Licensed Relationship Banker
- Mansfield City, CT, USA Mansfield City CT US
- Permanent, Full time
- Key Bank
- 19 Jul 18 2018-07-19
As a Licensed Relationship Manager (LRM), you will report to the Branch Manager and deliver appropriate financial solutions to KeyBank’s client base with up to $1M in investable assets. The LRM is responsible for helping new and existing clients achieve confidence in their financial wellness through the offering of products and services.
The role of the Licensed Relationship Manager (LRM) is to develop new and expand existing client relationships by consistently delivering solutions that meet the financial wellness needs of Key clients. The LRM is responsible for functions that align with the Key Sales Process and Consultative Sales Process Framework which includes: Opportunity Management, Needs Assessment, Present/Pitch, Fulfillment, and Follow Up. LRMs are also responsible for creating a positive client experience and helping clients achieve confidence in the management of their finances. LRMs and all Branch team members are expected to act professionally at all times, conduct business ethically, avoid conflicts of interest and act in the best interest our clients and Key
Primary LRM Functions
- Consistently executes on Key’s Branch Playbook and seeks opportunities to deliver distinctive client service with each interaction
- Manages and grows a profitable book of business to achieve individual and team goals
- Develops and maintains an in-depth knowledge of mass affluent products and services, as well as knowledge of competitive products and services to ensure meaningful in depth financial wellness conversations with clients
- Calls Book of Business and system generated leads identified to prospect for retention and growth opportunities; documenting activities by using the call report feature in the desktop
- Employs a disciplined approach to prospecting; documents calling efforts.
- Builds a client referral pipeline via identification and development of internal and external centers of influence
- Develops strong partnerships with Operations Leaders, Financial Advisors, Mortgage Advisors, Small Business colleagues and other line of business partners focusing on client acquisition and deepening the relationship of current clients; effectively manages internal and external Centers of Influence (COIs)
- Identifies and resolves complex client service opportunities
- Monitors client base and looks to transition clients into Key Private Bank where necessary
- Actively participates in daily branch team meetings
- Mentors other branch employees, as suggested by the Branch Manager
- May require automobile travel to meet with clients at various off-site locations
- May service clients at a single or multiple branches
The Select Licensed Relationship Manager performs same core functions with access to more products and service offerings for clients
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in financial services with mass affluent clients, achieving sales goals and building referral sources in insurance and investment products.
- Proficiency in sales and service techniques, including tele-consulting, prospecting and networking.
- Excellent communications skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Understand commercial lending and small business operations.
- FINRA Series 6 and 63 investment licenses, Life and State Insurance License
- Physical Requirements: Frequent mobility (5-8 hours) in an office setting, ability to communicate face to face and on the phone with clients, frequent use of hands to manipulate/grasp objects, occasional bending and lifting from floor height, frequent lifting of 1 – 10 lbs., occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs.
* Investment products are offered through Key Investment Services LLC (KIS), member FINRA/SIPC. Insurance products are offered through KeyCorp Insurance Agency USA, Inc. (KIA). KIS and KIA are affiliated with KeyBank National Association (KeyBank).
Note: Employees in this position are required to comply with all rules and regulations of The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (The SAFE Act). Employees hired or transferring into this position will need to meet the qualification requirements, in Key's sole discretion, under Reg. Z, prior to acting as a loan originator in a consumer credit transaction secured by a dwelling. Qualification requirements include but are not limited to an assessment of overall financial responsibility, character, and general fitness through review of a criminal background check, credit report, and information about any administrative, civil, or criminal findings by any government jurisdiction.