Analyst - 401(k) Investment Administration
- $80k - $90k
- Stamford, CT, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- International Paper
- 22 Aug 17
The incumbent oversees the day-to-day administrative activities of the Trust Investments Department.
What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
1. Monitors, controls and seeks to reduce trust fund expenses.
2. Monitors monthly trustee reports to ensure proper accounting of contributions, distributions, transfers, and expenses.
3. Oversees invoice payment process.
4. Calculates, monitors and reconciles daily expense accruals for the Savings Plan investment funds.
5. Monitors investment manager performance reporting.
6. Monitors the Trust Department’s commission recapture and securities lending programs and the Legal Department’s SEC S-8 registration process.
7. Maintains trust department policy manual as it relates to the authorization and payment of expenses.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
1. Bachelor’s degree (preferably in a finance-related field) is required
2. A minimum of 3 years work experience
3. Strong analytical and computer skills
4. Basic understanding of accounting/financial reporting
- Action Oriented – Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things that he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes opportunities when they arise.
- Problem Solving - Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources and answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answer.
- Integrity and Trust – Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Perseverance - Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish, seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Process Management – Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow; knows what to measure and how to measure it; can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others can’t; can simplify complex processes; gets more out of fewer resources.
- Peer Relationships – Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; can solve problems with a minimum of noise; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration; can be candid with peers.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Stamford CT 06921