Candidate Surveillance Analyst
Point72 A Career with Point72's Intelligence Team
Intelligence Analysts at Point72 identify, monitor, and assess compliance risk both internally and externally. We support senior management by providing strategic assessments, actionable recommendations and real-time escalations. Intelligence Analysts work as part of a team-we collaborate with colleagues, produce short- and long-term written assessments, and brief senior leaders. We are tasked with conveying complex, evidence-based insights in writing and briefings, often working with fragmentary or partial information. We seek to understand the big picture so that we can explain its significance to our consumers. Intelligence also monitors employee activity for evidence of violations of applicable federal securities laws, internal compliance policies and procedures, and relevant rules and regulations enforced by the SEC, FINRA, and other organizations. As an Intelligence Analyst focused on Candidate Surveillance at Point72 you will:
- Quickly develop and maintain a deep understanding of significant financial crimes cases with a specific focus on the networks, firms, companies and individuals involved
- Use knowledge of the industry to tailor research on individuals and firms of interest to quickly and efficiently complete comprehensive and insightful due diligence reviews
- Independently produce high-quality reports for senior customers that require no editing and collaborate well with internal recruiting teams to meet deadlines and be responsive to business needs
- Use various applications to collect, structure and organize large amounts of data on individuals, their associates and related entities with excellent attention to detail
Monitor employee communications for potential violations of relevant laws, rules, regulations, and policies What's required
Intelligence Analysts join Point72 from a wide-range of academic and professional backgrounds; many have prior experience working in the US Intelligence Community, but some join soon after completing graduate or professional school. You should be excited and able to quickly learn about the industry, but no prior experience in finance is required. To succeed as an Intelligence Analyst at Point72, you must embody the following values:
- Teamwork: we collaborate and support each other to accomplish our goals. We push each other to be better because we are only as strong as our weakest member.
- Innovation & Excellence: we don't settle and we don't believe in "good enough". We bring our best effort every day and are committed to constant improvement.
- Integrity: we demonstrate the highest standards of ethics and integrity. Our work is truthful, direct, and unbiased. We protect sensitive and confidential information and exercise discretion in all aspects of our work.
- Courage: we are not afraid to fail. We accomplish difficult and high-stakes work in an environment with a high degree of uncertainty. We may sometimes be wrong, but we learn from our mistakes and improve.
- Curiosity: We always ask "why"? We don't accept the first answer or the easy answer; our goal is to understand. We don't just report information; we put information into context and provide insight and analysis. We solve puzzles even when we don't have all the pieces.
For the Intelligence Analyst - Candidate Surveillance role, you also need:
We take care of our people
- A positive attitude, dedication to our team's mission and a creative and analytic mind
- Bachelor's degree and 5-7 years of relevant experience, or;
- Graduate or professional degree and 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Strong attention to detail while working on tight deadlines
- Experience using multiple research platforms, network analysis tools, and excel at a high level
- Prior experience in investigations or due diligence
We invest in our people, their careers, their health, and their well-being. We want you to concentrate on success and leave the rest to us. When you work here, we provide:
- Fully-paid health care benefits
- Generous parental and family leave policies
- Mental and physical wellness programs
- Tuition assistance
- A 401(k) savings program with an employer match and more
Point72 Asset Management is a global firm led by Steven Cohen that invests in multiple asset classes and strategies worldwide. Resting on more than a quarter-century of investing experience, we seek to be the industry's premier asset manager through delivering superior risk-adjusted returns, adhering to the highest ethical standards, and offering the greatest opportunities to the industry's brightest talent. We're inventing the future of finance by revolutionizing how we develop our people and how we use data to shape our thinking. For more information, visit www.Point72.com/working-here .
Point72 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Point72 is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Point72 complies with applicable, local, state and federal laws on the subject of equal employment opportunity.