Fundamental Researcher - Canvas
Point72 A Career with Point72's Canvas team
Canvas sits within Point72's Market Intelligence platform - a platform that is inventing the future of finance. Market Intelligence combines the most innovative data sources, analysis, and investment tools with the Firm's traditional strength in deep, fundamental analysis of how companies and industries operate.
Canvas is the fundamental research division within Market Intelligence, developing proprietary supply chain insights through compliant qualitative research. Our Analysts provide rich, independent, and timely research, ranging from current trends to competitive dynamics to industry structure. This research serves as an input to the investment processes of our Long/Short investment professionals. What you'll do
When you join the Canvas team, you're signing up for the learning experience of your life. You'll never look at anything the same - from grocery stores to tires to semiconductors. You'll speak with private company executives every day and learn about the businesses they've spent their lives building. You'll synthesize what you learn into reports that are consumed by our investment professionals.
Other Market Intelligence divisions do quantitative research to explain what is going on in an industry. As a Canvas Analyst, your qualitative research will explain the why. More specifically, you will:
- Adhere to the highest ethical standards and Point72's Compliance program
- Become a subject matter expert on an industry you may now know nothing about
- Learn from small, medium, and large private company executives about their businesses and the industries in which they operate, including gathering qualitative data on what is happening (e.g., structural shifts; real-time changes in supply/demand dynamics; and emerging competitors, markets, and technologies) and, importantly, why it is happening
- Synthesize your findings in comprehensive reports that present a view of the industry
- Gain unparalleled exposure to, and learn from, business leaders across industries, including some of the most successful private company executives in the country, and from your colleagues - some of the smartest professionals in Finance
- Interact directly with our investment professionals, learning the discretionary investment process from them and helping drive more informed investment decisions
The team is seeking candidates who are intellectually curious, creative thinkers, and have a desire to work hard in a fast-paced environment. To join our team, you'll also need:
We take care of our people
- An undergraduate degree or advanced degree with demonstrated academic success
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- An eagerness to find out if your conclusions are right or wrong
- An understanding of how companies work (their processes and outcomes) or an interest in learning
- Curiosity, maturity, and strong attention to detail
- The highest standards of ethical decision making
We invest in our people, their careers, their health, and their well-being. We want you to concentrate on success and leave the rest to us. When you work here, we provide:
- Fully-paid health care benefits
- Mental and physical wellness programs
- Tuition assistance
- A 401(k) savings program with an employer match and more
Point72 Asset Management is a global firm led by Steven Cohen that invests in multiple asset classes and strategies worldwide. Resting on more than a quarter-century of investing experience, we seek to be the industry's premier asset manager through delivering superior risk-adjusted returns, adhering to the highest ethical standards, and offering the greatest opportunities to the industry's brightest talent. We're inventing the future of finance by revolutionizing how we develop our people and how we use data to shape our thinking. For more information, visit www.Point72.com/working-here .
Point72 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Point72 is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Point72 complies with applicable, local, state and federal laws on the subject of equal employment opportunity.