Insurance Client Portfolio Manager
About State Street Global Advisors
State Street Global Advisors is the asset management arm of State Street Corporation, one of the world's leading providers of financial services to institutions.
We are a global leader in institutional asset management, entrusted with $2.8 trillion in assets under management. For four decades, sophisticated investors worldwide have benefited from our disciplined, precise investment process and powerful global platform offering access to every major asset class, capitalization range and style across the indexing and active spectrums. The firm employs more than 2,500 people globally in 20 countries, and has eleven investment centers across the Americas, Europe and Asia. Job Description
The Insurance Client Portfolio Manager is part of the State Street Global Advisors Global Fiduciary Solutions ("GFS") team, which manages approximately $125 billion of institutional assets across the US and Europe. The GFS business is a growth priority for State Street Global Advisors with global dedicated teams principally in Boston, MA and Stamford, CT. The Insurance Client Portfolio Manager is a key contributor to the GFS organization and a critical member of the client facing team who oversee the investment mandate, analysis and reporting for our strategic Insurance clients. In this role, you will work closely with the client; CIO and Investment Committee, as well as cross functionally with Portfolio Management, Investment and Operations teams, and the Client Executive to ensure that all client requirements and needs are met. Key Responsibilities
- Work with existing and prospective insurance company clients to understand and help define their holistic investment and oversight needs
- Work closely with the insurance clients' CIO and Investment Committee to assess and develop recommendations around asset allocation, new investment ideas and operational improvements
- Be the daily point of contact for the insurance clients
- Direct and coordinate all ongoing service in support of the client including analytical and informational support; monitoring and reporting on investment positions, producing scheduled and ad hoc reporting or analysis, monitoring and reporting of financial market data, monitoring portfolios for adherence to investment policy guidelines, and directing all new account on-boarding related to the client portfolios.
- Coordinate the fulfillment of all of the client's informational requirements; including responding to requests for information from clients, preparing informational materials for regular and ad-hoc client communications, and taking an active role in creating quarterly investment review materials
- Work with any necessary teams to help resolve all client-related administrative and investment operations issues as needed.
- Assist in developing, communicating and executing, proactive portfolio management and investment ideas intended to anticipate and address the client's evolving needs
- Partner with a senior Client Executive in support of enhancing and growing the existing relationship with these sophisticated Insurance clients
- A minimum of 7-10 years of relevant experience managing investment portfolios for an insurance company; will consider related work experience in lieu of direct insurance-related experience.
- MBA with emphasis in finance and accounting and/or CFA strongly desired
- Knowledge of the following strongly desired:
- Public and private fixed income instruments and portfolio management
- Insurance company regulations
- Risk-based capital for insurance companies
- Statutory and GAAP investment accounting for insurance companies
- Insurance company products
- Asset-liability management in an insurance company environment
- Total return attribution
- Ability to work in a client facing role with direct day to day contact with the client
- Excellent attention to detail and awareness of deadlines
- Strong aAnalytical thinker with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Execution focused; comfort working in a fast paced environment where priorities change regularly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Proficiency in related programs including but not limited to Aladdin, Axioma, Microsoft Office