OCIO Business Analyst, AVP
About State Street Global Advisors
State Street Global Advisors is the asset management arm of State Street Corporation, one of the world's leading providers of financial services to institutions.
We are a global leader in institutional asset management, entrusted with $2.8 trillion in assets under management. For four decades, sophisticated investors worldwide have benefited from our disciplined, precise investment process and powerful global platform offering access to every major asset class, capitalization range and style across the indexing and active spectrums. The firm employs more than 2,500 people globally in 20 countries, and has eleven investment centers across the Americas, Europe and Asia. Job Description
The OCIO Business Analyst is part of the State Street Global Advisors Outsourced CIO ("OCIO") team, which manages approximately $125 billion in institutional assets across the US and Europe. The OCIO business continues to be a growth priority for State Street Global Advisors with dedicated teams in Boston, MA and Stamford, CT.
This is a generalist role, in which you will have the rare opportunity to contribute to the service of institutional clients and to the development of a business still in its growth phase.
- You will partner with senior client executives in support of sophisticated institutional client relationships.
- You will need to collaborative across all functions of the OCIO business, as well as the broader State Street organization in support of our clients.
- You will be responsible for the performance reporting, quantitative analysis, recurring and ad hoc deliverables for a set of institutional clients.
- You will attend client meetings/calls, as well as client and investment panel discussions on a regular basis.
- You will work closely with all parts of the OCIO business (including investment research, implementation, operations, and sales/marketing) to help drive successful outcomes for our clients.
- You will engage directly with the COO of the business to help drive solutions targeted towards making the business more efficient and scalable for future growth.
- You will develop ideas for business improvements and execution plans for implementation.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative/business discipline (preferred, but not required); MBA and/or CFA a plus
- 2-5 years of experience, preferably (but not required) at an OCIO firm, investment consultant, and/or plan sponsor
- Basic familiarity with institutional finance/investments
- Analytical thinker with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High attention to detail and cognizant of deadlines
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment where priorities change regularly
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word