- Stamford, CT, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 22 Sep 17
Based in Stamford, Connecticut, K2 was founded in 1994 and has become one of the leading fund of hedge funds managers in the world. K2 provides integrated hedge fund product solutions to hundreds of sophisticated institutional and high net worth investors across the globe, including corporations, large public and union pension funds, insurance companies, foundations, and endowments.
In 2012, Franklin Templeton purchased a majority stake in K2 Advisors Holdings LLC. K2 has become an integral part of Franklin Templeton's growing alternatives and solutions platform.
The Research Associate role is a 2 year, at-will, ENTRY LEVEL position. The candidate will function as part of the Research team, which is responsible for hedge fund manager identification, due diligence and monitoring for a well-established hedge fund of funds manager. The team supports all hedge fund strategies on a global basis.
The position will have a quantitative as well qualitative, focus and will primarily involve the following:
- Preparation of written research reports and quantitative analytics on individual hedge fund managers
- Analysis and screening of the hedge fund manager universe
- Market research on various hedge fund strategies
- Maintenance of manager data in various databases
Ideal candidates will have:
- B.S., B.A. or BBA degree in Economics, Business or Finance
- Strong listening and writing skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Solid working knowledge of Bloomberg highly preferred
- General knowledge of finance and capital market