Tax Consultant II, Value Added Tax
Do you enjoy providing powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100? Would you like to join one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States specializing in effectively managing glob al trade decisions and obligations, and providing strategic significance to a company's global supply chain? If this is you, come travel the world in our world! What you'll do
As a Consultant on our Global Trade Advisory team, you will be part of a team participating in engagements requiring international trade regulatory analysis for a variety of U.S. and global entities and their affiliates. You will work with U.S. and multinational companies, understand national and international trade requirements, and align clients' trade function with their business objectives, with the opportunity to develop and pursue creative strategies using the latest technologies. Additional responsibilities will include:
- Helping importers and exporters achieve worldwide compliance and realize efficiencies and advantages in their global supply chain.
- Advising U.S. and foreign multinational companies on global import and export strategies and compliance.
- Working with clients to assess and potentially automate their international trade management procedures within all major trading regions.
Our Global Trade Advisory practice is a national practice within Deloitte Tax LLP's International Tax business, and advises U.S. and foreign multinational companies on global import and export strategies, compliance, and trade automation. The Customs and Global Trade practice is composed of attorneys, operations experts, customs brokers, auditors, and trade management professionals who help importers and exporters achieve worldwide compliance and realize efficiencies and advantages in their global supply chain. The group works with clients to assess and potentially automate their international trade management procedures within all major trading regions. Qualifications Required
- 1+ years' export experience (operational, government, law firm, consulting)
- Bachelor's degree in a business-related field with s trong academic credentials (3.5+ GPA recommended)
- Demonstrated leadership and problem solving skills; and the ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage ambiguity
- Relevant work experience (e.g. internships, summer positions, school jobs)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels
- Demonstrated interest in international trade or international business
- Experience with U.S. export regulations, working knowledge of non-U.S. export control is helpful
- Experience with ITAR and EAR, and preferably also OFAC
- Strong research, writing, communication, and project management skills
- Data management and analysis experience
- Familiarity with global trade management software, as well as software aptitude in Access, Excel, and/or Visio
- Certified U.S. Export Compliance Officer ( CUSECO) or other certification or licensure is required for promotion
- Able to travel up to 50%
How you'll grow
- Prior Big 4 experience
- Advanced degree such as MST, MAcc, JD, or LLM
- F oreign language skills or study abroad experience
- Experience with SAP, Oracle, and other enterprise resource planning systems
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Deloitte's culture
We take pride in our culture and celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness. As a commitment to our people ,
we offer well-being programs and provide our professional's opportunities for support and flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. This supportive culture helps enable our people to do their best work every day. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. Corporate citizenship
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world. Recruiter tips
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Tax LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: E20NATTACSKU011-VAT