Vice President and Counsel, Global Fiduciary Services
The asset management industry is evolving. Clients need more than products; they need a partner and advisor to help them achieve their goals. State Street Global Advisor's Global Fiduciary Services unit, among the world's 10 largest providers of Outsourced CIO services, is at the forefront of this evolution. With expertise in real estate, private equity and hedge fund investing, as well as outsourced investment management, GFS is seeing increased demand from institutions looking for comprehensive fiduciary solutions.
SSGA is seeking a lawyer to partner closely with the GFS team to provide strategic advice and counsel in a fast-paced transactional environment in accordance with the highest standards of judgment, integrity and ethical leadership. Are you that lawyer?
Key aspects of the role include:
- Counsel the GFS team on all transactional facets of the business, including:
- Engaging with clients and third party investment managers to create and negotiate investment management services arrangements and related contracts;
- Supporting the GFS investment teams in reviewing and negotiating Alternative Asset (PE/RE/Hedge) fund transactions; and
- Helping to develop tactical solutions to address clients' transactional needs.
- Collaborate with SSGA's Boston-based client-facing legal team to foster SSGA's overall commercial success.
- Liaise with outside counsel and other experts to help advise the GFS business.
A successful applicant will demonstrate the following qualities:
- 4-6 years of transactional legal experience in the context of investment management and/or alternative assets, at least four years of which were with a law firm.
- Knowledge of the financial services industry.
- Commitment to integrity.
- Exercise of pragmatic judgment in balance with assessing and mitigating institutional risk.
- Great teammate with excellent communications skills and the ability to build and sustain collaborative cross-functional relationships.
- Strong attention to detail, good organizational skills and proven ability to multitask.
- JD from an accredited law school.
- Admitted to the bar in the US and be a member in good standing.
- If not already a member of the Connecticut bar, will be expected to join as Authorized House Counsel shortly following hire.